The British Council in Indonesia is recruiting for the post of :
Programme Manager, Services for International Education Marketing (SIEM)
1 (one) position, 1 year contract - renewable - Jakarta
Purpose of job:
To manage the successful implementation of agreed multiple local and regional projects and undertake market scoping activities and delivery of education services by working with partners, stakeholders and wider target audiences in Indonesia and the UK to meet the British Council’s strategic objectives.
The post holder will play a key role in supporting business development for UK education in Indonesia and work within a team to successfully deliver education services to institutional clients. The role will report to Senior Programme Manager SIEM.
Context and environment: (e.g. dept description, region description, organogram)
Our work is structured into 3 main areas: Arts, Education/Society and English language. Programmes teams comprise staff whose skill and experience are drawn from all sectors with close working relationships with teams from all over British Council operations in East Asia and globally.
British Council Services for International Education Marketing (BC SIEM) is a service based upon a regional model of delivery with clear financial and delivery targets based around 5 core service strands - Partnering and Consultancy, Exhibition, Direct Marketing Services, Training and Development as well as Education Intelligence.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties: (including people management and finance)
To lead on the delivery of education services under SIEM and provide timely support to market intelligence and consultancy, marketing activities and in-country market development to develop student recruitment and partnership work in Indonesia for UK institutional clients.
Other Responsibilities and main duties
· To grow partner funding in cash and in kind, in the form of client funded work, cost sharing or sponsorships
· To develop and maintain an understanding of issues in Indonesia and the UK in all relevant working areas;
· To ensure accurate recording of all new business contacts and manage accounts as agreed with Director Education and Society/Country Director;
· To be responsible for risk and opportunity identification and business assurance across a portfolio of projects;
· To attend public events and deliver presentation to raise awareness of UK Education system
· To complete all required planning, finance and reporting procedures with accuracy and punctuality.
· To manage recruitment, selection and induction as required with Country Director and promote Equal Opportunities and Diversity as part of project planning and delivery.
· Active participation and effective contribution to strategic planning as part of the EA Education team
· Ensure the effective delivery of BC SIEM in Indonesia with a sound monitoring and evaluation system for services, effective customer relationship management and continuous development of innovative products and services
· Ensure relevant and up to date market intelligence is available and delivered to the satisfaction of UK clients
· Ensure business development and market development work
· Ensure appropriate resourcing with the right skills to meet service delivery standards
· Positive feedback from UK clients and UK and regional colleagues
Key relationships: (include internal and external)
Key customers / clients,/ partners / stakeholders / business sponsors
Country Director, programme managers, SBU leads, Marcomms team, counterparts in the UK
Other important features or requirements of the job (e.g. travel, unsocial/evening hours, restrictions on employment etc)
Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be short-listed for interview
Closing date for receipt of applications is by 23:59 UK time on Thursday, 20th August 2015. It is essential that candidates use the application form provided on our website. The British Council does not accept CVs in place of the completed application form and it is unable to respond to telephone enquiries.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.