Senior Technical Advisor, Care & Treatment
Requisition # 15982
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Technical Advisor, Care & Treatment, LINKAGES based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The USAID-funded project, Linkages Across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES), under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program is implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Pact, IntraHealth International and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and conducts a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations (KP) — sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs — and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. LINKAGES will accelerate the ability of governments, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV. The key elements of the FHI 360-led team’s strategic and technical approach are:
- Identifying key populations and locales and comprehensively assessing risk,
- Diagnosing “leaks” and revealing access barriers within the HIV services cascade,
- Scaling up “what works” while innovating to ensure the most strategic use of resources and access to newly emerging technologies,
- Addressing structural barriers and transforming local KP organizations,
- Ensuring interventions are sustainable over the long term, and
- Supporting the mainstreaming of human rights, gender and competency and capacity development.
The LINKAGES Senior Technical Advisor (STA) for HIV Care and Treatment will provide technical and management leadership to the LINKAGES project in Indonesia. This position is critical to the development of referral systems and quality assurance monitoring of the Government of Indonesia (GOI) health system, civil society organizations (CSO) and non-governmental organizations (NGO) and private sector HIV outreach and clinical services provision to key population group members. The position will review clinical service provision guidelines and protocols together with the GOI, Global Fund Partners, USAID’s DERAP project and other partners to make sure key population group requirements are included.
The position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical and programmatic expertise in HIV care and treatment activities for female sex workers (FSW), people who inject drugs (PWID), transgender (TG) and men who have sex with men (MSM) including drop-in centers, mobile outreach, health clinic, hospital, and private facility service provision.
- Provides technical assistance, implements, and monitors systems and services for HIV care and treatment to achieve programmatic goals.
- Responsible for the implementation and oversight of care and treatment technical activities in the LINKAGES work plan.
- In partnership with Ministry of Health (MOH), oversees the training of health care workers both in public and private settings for discrimination and stigma-free service provision for MSM, TG, PWID and FSWs.
- Sets up systems within the LINKAGES program to assure that those clients who are HIV positive and pregnant will be referred to PMTCT and post-partum care for the mother and child.
- Sets up systems within the LINKAGES program to assure that services that clients receive are comprehensive, integrated and appropriately linked to TB, family planning (FP), GBV support and counseling.
- Works collaboratively with USAID, DERAP, MOH and other Global Fund Principal Recipients (PRs), CSOs and the entire LINKAGES team in Indonesia and ensures strong coordination among team partners on the implementation of technical activities.
- Contributes to the achievement of high quality results in accordance with the targets identified in the work plan and performance monitoring plan.
- Stays current on the latest guidelines and oversees program quality according to USAID/PEPFAR’s Site Improvement through Monitoring System (SIMS) and FHI 360 standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Contributes to the production of timely and accurate technical reports to FHI 360 and USAID as required.
- Coordinates and meets with, as appropriate, USAID, the Ministry of Health, and local and international partners and other stakeholders in Indonesia.
- Coordinates partner efforts in program implementation including assisting in the provision of technical assistance to each grant partner for the provision of high quality services; ensures appropriate program monitoring and reporting.
- Contributes to the development of Scopes of Work (SOW), memorandums of understanding (MOUs), technical management of activities for consultants and local institutions partnering with LINKAGES to ensure that activity timeframes and budgets are met and products are reviewed and finalized.
- Reports regularly to the LINKAGES Country Representative/Indonesia on progress and status of LINKAGES activities in Indonesia.
- Stays current and up to date on all aspects of PEPFAR programming and reporting.
- Proven skills in the implementation of HIV care, and treatment projects for FSW, TG, PWID and/or MSM in Indonesia.
- Understands the HIV-related needs of key population groups in Indonesia, including female sex workers, men who have sex with men, PWID and transgender individuals and has worked to support and implement activities to reduce stigma and discrimination.
- Extensive experience with the design, implementation, and management of HIV public health/international development programs funded by USAID.
- Proven skills in mentoring, leadership and networking.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations in Indonesia.
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
- Experience working with both MOH and CSOs to plan and implement HIV care and treatment activities.
- Experience of proactively identifying risk, addressing issues and appropriately communicating these to the project staff and USAID.
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures.
- Experience identifying, designing and brokering public-private partnerships.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within country or region and internationally if needed.
- Clinical degree (nursing or MD) or related field.
- Masters level degree in Public Health (preferred) or related field or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated key population group technical expertise, with substantial HIV care and treatment experience with FSW, PWID, MSM and TG.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in a senior level technical advisor and leadership position, preferably in an international development context and working with key population groups and CSOs.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with U.S. government rules and regulations and experience working in an international NGO environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesian.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Interested candidates, please register online through FHI 360’s Career Center at https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com/jobs
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.