CIPG invites applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
Overall purpose of the job
Centre for Innovation Policy and Governance (CIPG) is a research-based advisory group that aspires to excel in the area of science, technology, innovation, and governance. Its main activities include (1) research, (2) consultancy-advisory, and (3) capacity building, working on local as well as international projects. The Survey Coordinator will be positioned as a Research Associate and report to the Project Leader and subsequently to the Research Director. CIPG offers a short-term contract (6 months) that will be reviewed after the completion of all tasks.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Oversee and implement a region-wide survey within two areas in Riau and West Java
- Establish and maintain contacts with local partners within the above mentioned areas
- Recruit and oversee local enumerators in both locations.
- Oversee the process of data collection and convey methodological procedures
- Be involved in the survey process by conducting face-to-face questionnaire interviews
- Cooperate with local partners in conducting the survey
- Examine the correctness of collected questionnaires
- Finish the survey within a specified time frame
- Qualifications and desired competencies:
Applications (i.e. CV and covering letter) should be returned before Sunday, 16 August 2015to email@example.com. Informal inquiries may be made to the same address, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or via 021-3801652.
- Advanced university degree in, Social Sciences, Economics or field(s) relevant to development cooperation
- First level university degree may be considered, with minimum 3 years of professional related experience
- Minimum 3 (three) years of professional work experience in the relevant field
- Excellent understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Extensive experience in conducting field research, especially face to face questionnaire interview
- Experience in constructing questionnaires
- Ability to work with efficiency, competence, integrity and in harmony with people of different backgrounds
- Team player with track proven record In working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and ensure timely delivery of results
CIPG values equal employment opportunities. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Important: Applicants need to submit the essay assignment as part of the selection process (in Bahasa Indonesia or English). Details on essay assignment can be downloaded here.