Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB) is one of Germany’s oldest and largest social welfare organisations with over 200 offices and a membership of 1.2 million. ASB has been working in Indonesia in partnership with the Indonesian Ministry of Home Affairs since 2006.
ASB’s work in Indonesia focuses on community empowerment to build resilience and self-reliance through an inclusive whole-of-community approach. The provision of technical assistance to government implementing partners is also a core focus of our work. ASB’s Indonesia Office is an innovator in the delivery of large-scale community and school-based DRR projects and is a co-founder of the DiDRRN network. The office is actively engaged at the policy level regionally and internationally with a particular focus on ensuring inclusion post-HFA.
As part of an initial recruitment process, ASB is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified and committed individuals for the following position:
Location: Mentawai, Indonesia
Duration: 9 Months
Vacancy: National position
Salary: ASB offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience
Closing: 27 March 2015
Summary of job profile:
This position is primarily to prepare and manage all aspect of day to day operations of project and office finance (includes petty cash and bank payment, record in accounting system and maintain filling) of ASB Indonesia according to internal standards, as well expectations and regulations of donors, local partners and Indonesian government.
1. Graduate from accounting, business administration or other related field.
2. Minimum 2 years relevant work experience with previous experience in Finance and Accounting is essential.
3. Experience in working in accounting system.
4. Knowledge of Indonesian Tax Law.
5. Knowledge of personnel and human resource issues is advantage.
6. Knowledge of administration and logistic is an asset.
7. Excellent written and spoken English and Indonesian essential.
8. Flexible, able to multi-task, able to work independently and work well in under pressure as a team player in a multicultural environment.
9. Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
10. Fully computer literate and proficient in Microsoft office.
11. Experience in working in recognized international NGO an asset.
12. Willingness to travel and be flexible in the situation of emergency.
ASB is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please read the following carefully:
Qualified applicants should send: a) application letter outlining your interest b) curriculum vitae max: 2 pages clearly describing your relevant qualifications and experience c) 2 referees contact details (referees will only be contacted following a successful interview).
Applications to Ms Artini : firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: IDN1402_ACC
NOTE: A failure to follow the above application format will result in applications being disregarded.
Only electronic applications accepted and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.