The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ has been working in Indonesia since 1975 on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The Sustainable Economic Development through Technical and Vocational Education and Training Program (SED-TVET) is a joint effort of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (implemented by GIZ), the Ministry of Culture and Elementary and Secondary Education, the Ministry of Manpower, the Ministry of Industry and Bappenas. It aims at improving the employability of manpower in selected regions of Indonesia. Activities touch on a wide range of issues covering 4 intervention areas: 1) “Training Institutes Excellence” to support 23 selected TVET institutes; 2) “Innovation for private sector cooperation” to facilitate measures to enhance the participation of the business sector in TVET development and delivery; 3) “Regulatory Improvement” to support the implementation and monitoring of local regulations to improve the management of TVET on local level; 4) “Quality assurance and certification” to advise on scaling up of the use of vocational qualifications in the tourism sectors and related guidelines as well as to support the development and piloting of an accreditation system for training providers in the tourism sector.
SED-TVET is seeking 1 (one) qualified JUNIOR ADVISOR focusing on the intervention area “Training Institutes Excellence”. The position is based at SMK Negeri 2 Somba Opu, Kabupaten Gowa, South Sulawesi
- ResponsibilitiesThe junior advisor provides support for:
- senior advisor and the development advisor (EH) in carrying out project activities
- the Principal Advisor of SED-TVET and other experts of the project “SED-TVET” for whom he performs technical tasks
- the development advisor in implementation total quality maintenance in SMKN 2 Somba Opu.
- carry out maintenance and supervision of M+R (Maintenance and Repair) activities in SMKN 2 Somba Opu
- record keeping of M+R
- provide training for personal in field of mechanical and electrical engineering
- coordinating project activities with the counterparts
- carrying out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the project as requested by the senior advisor
- carrying out all activities related to the local subsidy in coordination with the development advisor
The position is based at SMK Negeri 2 Somba Opu, Kabupaten Gowa, South Sulawesi
The junior advisor performs the following tasks:
- Coordination and monitoring
The junior advisor:
- supports the development advisor the senior advisor of SED-TVET in coordinating and monitoring activities with SMKN 2 Somba Opu.
- assists with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities.
- supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results
- supports SMKN 2 Somba Opu and the development advisor on the fulfilment of the administrative, financial and content-related activities regarding the local subsidy (according to GIZ-O&R)
The junior advisor:
- Documents and evaluates M + R activities.
- assists in drawing up reports and translations
- assists in communicating, updating and collecting information on relevant data as requested by the senior advisor / SED-TVET
- supports the senior advisor and the development advisor to organise and update program documentation and presentation
The junior advisor:
- is familiar with GIZ planning, implementation and reporting procedures and their changes
- is familiar with other programme components and GIZ-assisted measures, concepts and status of implementation and knows the corresponding experts and staff
- represents the interest of the GIZ-assisted measure and always acts on its behalf
- carries out important tasks for the SED-TVET programme, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description
The junior advisor
- assists other experts, if necessary as translator
- performs additional duties and tasks at the request of the Senior Advisor, the development advisor or SED-TVET-management
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- polytechnic degree in mechanical, production, electrical or manufacturing engineer field.
- Excellent knowledge regarding machines, spare parts operations and maintenance.
- Profound experience in safety measures and troubleshooting and problem solving
- Working experience in a mechanical or production, electrical or manufacturing engineer filed.
- Working experience in a medium or large size enterprise with supervision and reporting duties
- Working experience in the field of facilitation and organisation of workshop based learnings
Other knowledge, additional competences
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Access or other database programme)
- good interpersonal skills, communicative skills
- fluency in Bahasa Indonesia, very good knowledge of English, optional a knowledge of German
- good knowledge of GIZ procurement regulations and administrative procedures is of advantage
- experience of project management and research experience are welcome but optional
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures will be agreed with management