The British Council in Indonesia is recruiting for the post of :
Internal/External Communications Manager
1 (one) position, 1 year contract - Jakarta
Purpose of job:
To lead the operational implementation of our Marketing and Communications strategy, in Indonesia, in the areas of internal and external communications.
Context and environment: (e.g. dept description, region description, organogram)
The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the United Kingdom and other countries. We call this cultural relation, and we believe it brings the people of the UK and other countries closer together, and helps them to understand each other better. We have three key Strategic Business Units (SBUs)- English, the Arts, and Education and Society, through these SBUs which we engage with leaders, policy makers, influencers and opinion formers, from senior politicians through to teachers, artists and youth leaders. The British Council in Indonesia is going through a rapid expansion of it works and has ambitions; we are planning growth of approx. 30% in our total income by 2016 and we aim to reach and audience of over 15M.
We are currently looking to raise our profile and communicate the impact of our projects through positive engagements with the media and our senior stakeholders, customers and specific audiences in Indonesia and UK.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
Maintain strong relations within our Strategic Business Units for key areas of work:
• Organize and manage regular meetings with the SBU to gather put together an annual plan of their requirements and then work through updates on upcoming projects and events.
• To then operationalize all those plans to deliver our internal and external communications to meet all business needs.
• Develop and maintain British Council’s internal calendar of events, working in collaboration with the Events Manager.
• Working with SBUs to develop editorial agenda for internal and external communications need. i.e. newsletters, collaterals, Seasonal or holiday greetings etc.
• Working with External Partners to explore possibilities of British Council’s exposure and ensure right messaging on British Council according to the approved Strategic Plan.
• Ensuring that all our communications is in line with corporate branding standards.
Regional and Global Communication Team:
• Foster and maintain relationships with the relevant colleagues in the British Council regional and global marketing, communications and Brand team to ensure operational compliance in all that we do and to stay up to date with corporate standards.
• Manage information and update inquiry from British Council’s internal partners.
• Manage regular updates to feed into the Regional and Global Communications Strategy.
Working with the Marketing and Communications Senior Manager to provide relevant content, ideas and reviews of our digital presence – to be deliver through an outsources agency. With other member of the Marketing and Communications Team to develop an editorial agenda for the website and other digital media platforms.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Working together with British Council Monitoring and Evaluation Officer on media and other audience reach figures.
This post-holder will line manage the grade H communication officer in the team. The work of this officer will span the whole team but will have a greater focus on internal and external communications.
Marketing and Communications Team, Managed by the Senior. Marketing Communications Manager, SBU’s Leads, Country Director, Centre Managers, Regional Performance and Evaluation Manager, Director Operations, Director English Language Services, the Management Team, Regional communications, Teaching Centre and Exams marketing and sales team, Global Information System Team, HQ colleagues as advised by the Senior Marketing Communications Manager
· Internal partners of British Council. i.e. British Embassy, British Chamber of Commerce, etc.
· External Stakeholders Partners of British Council
Other important features or requirements of the job
This position may require regular travels around Indonesia and occasional travels within the region. Evening hours and/or weekend might also be required as needed.
Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be short-listed for interview
Closing date for receipt of applications is by 23:59 UK time on Thursday 19th March 2015. It is essential that candidates use the application form provided on our website. The British Council does not accept CVs in place of the completed application form and it is unable to respond to telephone enquiries.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.