PROGRAM OFFICER (TRAINING DEVELOPMENT)
HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
We are looking for a Program Officer to:
- Support the Senior Program Officer (Training) in developing and improving training tools with input from business development and social marketing staff
- Develop online and social media training tools
- Support monitoring and evaluation of training
The role will work with our team on the Wonder Women Indonesia programs (Eastern and Western Indonesia), making clean energy technologies available in remote communities through a network of women micro-small entrepreneurs (MSEs). These local women entrepreneurs sell life-changing technologies, such as water filters, cookstoves and solar lights, within their communities, earning a margin from each sale. Kopernik supplies technologies on consignment to these micro-entrepreneurs and provides a suite of training and support to help them succeed. Many MSEs are based in remote areas with little or no access to telecommunications or Internet.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in relevant discipline (teaching, training)
- 3 – 4 years work experience in relevant discipline
- Experience in design and delivery of social media training
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Fluent in Indonesian and English
- Hard working, positive attitude, and passionate about social impact
- Prior experience working with rural communities
- Entrepreneurial spirit and professional maturity; ability to work independently, think creatively, learn quickly
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Fully computer literate
- Willingness to travel to rural villages
- Can ride a motorcycle in off-road conditions and possess valid drivers license (SIM C)
Work with Senior Program Officer (Training) to:
- Develop training materials for MSEs, taking into account participants’ various learning styles
- Improve existing training materials with more illustrations and graphics
- Develop appropriate testing of training in line with monitoring and evaluation plans
- Work with other program teams (Western Indonesian, Standard Projects etc) to adapt existing materials to their programs
- Develop social media training tools and roll out across channels such as Facebook
- Support the development of online monitoring and evaluation tools related to training
- Other duties as needed
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MARCH 31ST 2015
Please submit your application via our online application form. http://kopernik.info/page/careers Please include:
- Your CV
- Examples of relevant experience in your cover letter
- A one minute video explaining why you are perfect for the job
Applicants who are interviewed successfully will be expected to complete a test which demonstrates the necessary skills.