The Nature Conservancy is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people.
Currently we are searching for a qualified candidate to fill the position of:
MARINE SPATIAL ANALYST
The Marine Spatial Analyst (or the Spatial Analyst hereafter) produces, manages, and maintains marine spatial data & information (i.e. layout maps, satellite imagery analysis and associated reports), and provide technical support via analysis of spatial data and information that relevant for sustainable development-oriented decision-making process.
In essence, the Spatial Analyst will:
· Collect, restore, analyze and manage data and information for marine spatial planning process in, but not limited to, areas where TNC-IMP are actively working;
· Provides support through production of (i) ready to analyze marine spatial maps; (ii) spatial analysis memo and report; and (iii) sound recommendations; for decision-making and policy-making process;
· Perform analyst and design of the marine spatial planning processes in the respective areas and administrative/political level but not limited to, areas where TNC-IMP are actively working.
· The spatial analyst assembles alternative future scenario for multi management objectives as required in marine spatial planning using several different spatial decision support tools such as MARXAN/Marxan with Zones, InVest and etc. This will mean the analyst provides his services to site projects are presently located in Savu Sea – East Nusa Tenggara and larger Lesser Sunda Ecoregion; Misool and Kofiau and larger Papua Bird’s Head, and Berau – East Kalimantan in relevant to spatial design and analyst.
· Develop training curricula, modules and deliver training to partners and staff
The Marine Spatial Analyst will report directly to Lesser Sunda Portfolio Manager and will receive support from Science Unit under Indonesia Marine Program. This position will be based in Jakarta – Indonesia Program Office.
· MS or BS degree and certification in spatial planning or related field and a minimum of 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Demonstrated experience and familiarity in the following areas:
a. Use and application of basic and standard GIS and remote sensing applications, both software and hardware;
b. Interpretation of image analysis, complex spatial analysis, data modeling and landscape & seascape scenario analysis;
c. Concepts and principles of coastal and marine spatial planning;
d. Spatial planning project cycle management;
e. Policy cycle, especially those relevant to coastal and marine spatial planning;
f. Integrated coastal zone management, with special emphasis on balancing protection and sustainable use of coastal & marine resources; and
g. Indonesia’s laws of coastal zone management and spatial planning, and other relevant laws and regulations on spatial planning.
· Working knowledge of current trends and practices in relevant discipline(s) and region(s).
· Demonstrated experience interpreting and communicating results to conservation practitioners.
· Demonstrated experience collaborating with other parties to obtain different data sources.
· Supervisory experience, including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives and manage performance, including conflict resolution.
· Successful experience in developing, directing and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic program goals.
· Experience training individuals and groups.
· Working knowledge of common software applications (e.g.; Word, Access, Excel, Web browsers) and ability to use provided computer technology to enhance the quality of work.
· Communicating clearly via written, spoken and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
Please send your CV & application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than April 3, 2015. Please insert: Marine Spatial Analyst your email subject.