Finance Manager - Indonesia
Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Finance Manager for the USAID-funded Indonesia Marine and Climate Support (IMACS) Project. The goal of the IMACS Project is to contribute to the sustainable management of Indonesia's marine and coastal ecosystems. The objective of the assignment is to assist the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF) in the implementation of their recently drafted Rencana Strategis (strategic plan, RENSTRA) 2014-2019.
The IMACS is now in its fifth and final year, and is seeking a short-term, full-time Finance Manager to manage project finances and accounting operations through close out. This position is based in Jakarta, beginning on/around March 19, 2015 through close out (September 29, 2015).
• Manage financial and accounting operations and bookkeeping of project field transactions in compliance with USAID regulations and procedures (including VAT exemption status) and Indonesian law.
• Process employee salary and benefits, including payroll, tax withholding, Jamsostek and all applicable benefits on a timely basis each month.
• Oversee management of financial tracking system (ABACUS). Liaise with Washington DC office to troubleshoot problems and maintain financial control across the project.
• Prepare proper financial documentation, and accurately process expenditures for monthly invoicing to USAID.
• Conduct internal reviews of the Jakarta accounting files to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
• Liaise with the local bank, reconcile monthly bank statements, and verify all deposits and withdrawals.
• Work with tax accountants in managing and monitoring project accounts.
• Work closely with project staff to provide guidance and ensure compliance in documenting and booking training costs.
• Performs routine financial analysis on program expenditures, documenting and monitoring overall performance, analyzing trends, identifying gaps to ensure efficient and sound project management.
• Assist outside auditors (as necessary).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or relevant field required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum four (4) years financial management experience with large-scale international projects preferred.
• Experience working with USAID-funded projects, and extensive familiarity with US government generally accepted accounting procedures, required.
• Experience with project close out on large-scale, international donor-funded projects preferred.
• Familiarity with ABACUS accounting system used by Chemonics International preferred.
• Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia required.
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to IMACSproject@gmail.com by March 17, 2015 with “Finance Manager” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “Finance Manager” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.