PROGRAM OFFICER - GRAPHIC DESIGN
HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to help build demand for Kopernik’s range of clean energy technologies (solar lights, water filters, clean cook stoves) by implementing a newly designed Social Marketing Strategy.
The role will work with our team on the Wonder Women program, making clean energy technologies available in remote communities through a network of (mainly) women micro-small entrepreneurs (MSEs). These MSEs sell life-changing technologies, such as water filters, cook stoves and solar lights, within their communities, earning a margin from each sale. Kopernik supplies technologies on consignment to these MSEs and provides a suite of training and support to help them succeed. Many MSEs are based in remote areas with little or no access to telecommunications or internet.
- Degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience in working with Adobe package (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Procurement experience essential
- Social media and video production experience desirable
- Able to implement and deliver a strong brand image to Kopernik’s technology end-users in underserved communities
- 3-4 years experience in social marketing, marketing or behaviour change campaigns
- Excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian
- Creative, with a strong visual sense
- Excellent management and organisational skills
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values in reaching underserved communities
- Design materials for both print and screen including (but not limited to): posters, billboards, banners, t-shirts, printed materials (business forms).
- Develop briefs and work with photographers, printers and other media producers, to procure quality products including obtaining quotes etc.
- Work with the program team to develop standard layout and promotional looks for the Wonder Women program
- Produce short videos to be used by tech agents to promote the products
- Support Communications team with graphic design requirements outside of the Wonder Women program (up to 25% of time)
- Make sure the Kopernik brand is consistent with Kopernik’s brand guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MARCH 31ST 2015
In your cover letter or CV, please include a link to your portfolio, or three examples of previous work. http://kopernik.info/page/careers