Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. Based in Zurich, Swisscontact is now active in 27 countries and has some 800 employees.
For our Swisscontact SCPP-Program in Indonesia, we are looking for an:
Begin of Employment : April 2015 or as agreed
Place of Duty : 1 person – Luwu, South Sulawesi, Indonesia.
The Program Officer will play important roles in establishing cocoa development program activities at field level in the district/region, maintain linkage among the districts/region with government and private sector and other agribusiness development opportunities.
- Lead and responsible to establish technology transfer system component on cocoa;
- Responsible to ensure the project implementation in the district, in coordination with SCPP Field Coordinator, other PO specialist and program management;
- Oversee and supervise District Management Unit in terms of administration procedure and approval process;
- Responsible for financial expenditures of district activities and ensure that internal controls are in place;
- Responsible for all regional and district level activities based on their respective topical leader of each component, ensuring timely and effective delivery of activities and output based on quality management system as well as strengthening technical cooperation with local constituent and social partners;
- Provide district’s monthly, quarterly and yearly plan and update (report);
- Prepare budget plans and Term of Reference of activities that will be conducted in the district;
- Build and maintain partnerships with implementing partners, government and other key stakeholders of SCPP Program;
- With minimum supervision, the PO’s will demonstrate a quality of work standards that is an example to other.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities under the overall direction of the Regional Program Manager and close collaboration with other stakeholders, to:
- Support Sr. Program Manager and Regional Program Manager in developing and adapting implementation of cocoa farmer training for the component :
1. Farming Good Practices and Technology Transfer System;
2. Farmer Organization, Market Access and Certification;
3. Nutrition and Gender Sensitivity Integration;
4. Integrated Agribusiness Financing and Co-operative Development;
5. Stakeholder Management and Networking Platform
- Provide overall direction and guidance for the implementation of topical activities;
- Provide other technical and strategy advice as requested to the Field Coordinators;
- Support implementation of each topical activity and conduct monitoring based on each topical standard operating procedure and/or guideline);
- Ensure compliance with program’s gender strategy and policies in all of each component activity, planning and development;
- Support and advise the district management unit in the assessment and selection of project areas, identification, development and empowerment of farmer group, and internal control system;
- Provide support and advice to the district management unit on the collecting of village data, farmer group, and farmer field school baseline data, Training of Trainers and demo plot data according to program requisition.
- Initiate and facilitate of farmer groups on cocoa marketing and value chain;
- Support Monitoring & Result Measurement responsibilities, in supervising quality data collection process;
- Build and maintain coordination with local government agencies in the district, in coordination with Government Relation Officer;
- Support other project activities according to the SCPP project management direction;
- Knowledge in Cocoa Good Agriculture Practice;
- Understanding opportunities and constraints for sustainable development;
- Good in facilitating training;
- Strong sense of responsibility and control;
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment to work in a team;
- Skills in computer, software systems (windows, spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail, internet;
- Good presentation skills;
- Proficiency of English, both in written and verbal English.
- University degree in agriculture, economic, community development , preferably with post graduate qualification;
- Minimum five years, including two years in management level;
- Previous experience in managing project operation and staff;
- Previous work with International NGO;
- Experience in writing narrative and financial report;
- Experience in planning and managing budget;
- Experience in risk mapping & Capacity Assessment on a local level.
Application should be directed to:
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on March 20th, 2015 at the latest to:
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.