World Relief is a USA relief and development charity working with to bring help and hope to communities in need. World Relief is committed to the sector standards and good practice. Right now we are looking for a dedicate and capable person for FIELD FACILITATOR & PROJECT OFFICER Project based in Wamena Papua :
1. FIELD FACILITATOR (1 POST –1 YEAR CONTRACT, RENEWABLE).
2. PROJECT OFFICER (1 POST – 1 YEAR CONTRACT, RENEWABLE)
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. FIELD FACILITATOR
The purpose of this post is to contribute to the implementation of the Integral Mission that is integrated to the Mobilizing for Life: Protecting Papua Project. The post is responsible for building capacity among volunteers for delivering and monitoring of the various community development modules of World Relief.
• Establish and maintain relationships with the Integral Mission Implementers (IM Implementers) of the partners.
• Work with partner leaders, networks, local government and community leaders to improve their capacity in implementing a sustainable community development efforts.
• Coach and mentor all IM Implementers trained by the program so that all IM Implementers have skills required for delivering the program to the community members.
• Monitor the usage of the training programs/modules by the IM Implementers.
• Provide technical assistance to the partners in their activities and projects, and in conducting meetings and preparing reports, at all times ensuring maximum participation from all members of the groups.
2. PROJECT OFFICER
The purpose of this post is to lead a field team implementing the integrated community development projects in the highlands of Papua, in accordance with integral mission framework and World Relief’s policy and strategy in Indonesia.
· Manages a project field team implementing the Papua Integrated Community Transformation (PICOT) project in the Papuan highlands.
· Co-ordinates with the following other team members: Administration and Finance Manager, HR and Partnership Manager, Administrative and Logistics Officer.
· With the approval of the Country Director may liaise directly with the Regional Director and the Baltimore technical unit staff
· Liaises closely with senior officials of organizations in Papua and visitors.
· Manages day to day relationships with Field Facilitators, Trainers, and Project Assistant.
1. FIELD FACILITATOR
- High school graduate
- Two years working experience in community development work in Papua, preferably in the highlands.
- Competence and experience in delivery of training and behavior change communication in a practical level.
- Strong creative and organizational skills
- Ability to mobilize individuals, households and communities
- Ability to write short simple proposals
- Ability to write reports and effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, partners and other counterparts
· Working knowledge of MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills in the Papuan highlands.
- Bahasa Indonesia written and oral communication skills;
- Bahasa Dani oral and written communication skills is a must.
2. PROJECT OFFICER
Minimum skills, education and experience required:
· Relevant knowledge and qualifications up to bachelor degree level
· 3 years experience with community development in an NGO environment, preferably in social or health
· Working knowledge of health issues and other community development issues
· Effective organizer of people
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Strong cross-cultural skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Project and financial management skills
· Personnel management skills
· Negotiation skills
· Training skills
· Leadership skills
· Analytical skills
· Ability to speak and write in English
Preferences, but not required:
· Ability to speak one or more Papuan languages
· Experience working with USAID, UN and other donor organizations.
If you are interested, please send your application letter and Curriculum Vitae email@example.com