ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
Islamic Relief is a UK based charity that seeks to alleviate the sufferings of the world’s poorest people. The Indonesia programme was established in 2003 to deliver emergency relief and developmental activity in disaster prone and impoverished areas. Since then the agency implemented multi - sectoral programme in Banda Aceh, Banten, West Java, Jogjakarta, NTB and West Sumatera.
Presently IR is implementing a child welfare programme in Aceh and rolling out an integrated sustainable development programme in NTB with a major focus on WASH, Sustainable Livelihoods and DRR. The Indonesia programme is managed by Jakarta based country office that provides administrative, programmatic and financial oversight to the field offices.
M & E and Reporting Officer (1 Position)
Post holder reports to : Area Coordinator (NTB)
Working in close collaboration with the Area Coordinator and Program staffs, the M&E and Reporting Officer mainly manages the progress of Islamic Relief programme in NTB and West Sumatera Field Project and partly supports other Alliance-supported projects implementation of its M&E and Media activities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities related to the Monitoring and Evaluation:
· Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
· Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress against work plans for all on-going projects in NTB;
· Review and make recommendations for updating and amending project work plans, logical frameworks and implementation approach in order to optimize results;
· Develop monitoring and impact indicators to establish project success;
· Assist the Programme team and CD in developing project proposals with a major focus on results based monitoring mechanisms, project design (log-frame etc)
· Evaluate projects viz-a-viz their potential for achieving sustainable results;
· Provide timely and results-oriented recommendations to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of IRI projects by identifying bottlenecks and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
· Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Country Director through the Area Coordinator;
· Conduct survey and assessment studies to establish baseline and evaluate impact of IRI projects;
· Ensure all survey results are computerized and backup documents (forms, reports etc) are properly archived for future reference;
· Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team and IRW;
· Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Country Director and or Area Coordinator in preparing relevant reports;
· Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
· Prepare and maintain M&E and beneficiary database for future reference.
· Develop and strengthen field capacities in M&E and reporting by providing on-the-job training to the relevant field staff;
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
The following duties and responsibilities related to the Media:
· Develop case studies to reflect the success of IRI interventions and to capture the impact of IRI activities and donors’ investments in NTB
· To facilitate the media and monitoring missions of donors, government and wider stakeholders;
· Work with the project teams to develop and implement meaningful communication, media and visibility plans;
· To represent IRI at meetings with institutions and other external stakeholders as well as at conferences, seminars and other media or policy events as requested by the supervisors;
· Taking overall responsibility for developing and disseminating press releases by working closely with staff members and the senior management who have a responsibility to clear all media related material;
· Taking overall responsibility to write short articles/news stories on third sector media about Islamic Relief projects and policy positions
· Developing media contacts/links and media database for IRI
· Actively build relationships with key media people influencers to raise IRI profile
· Developing and organizing a project-wise picture gallery of IRI’s activities
· Demonstrates integrity by modeling the Islamic Reliefs values and ethical standards
· Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Islamic Relief
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
· Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
· Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support Knowledge Management and Learning
· In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues
· Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology:
· Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies;
· Excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
· Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change Self-Management
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
· Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
· Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
REQUIRED SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum Educational background is University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics or related field
· At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs
· Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
· Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
· Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
· Good knowledge of Programme cycle Management and Development.
· Communication and analytical skills
· Strong training & facilitation skills.
· Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa and English.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
If you meet the above requirements kindly send ONLY your Application letter and detailed CV including recommendations from 3 referees (one of them your immediate former employer) to: email@example.com. Please put the job title and your name in subject of your email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 28 March 2015