The Australia – Indonesia Partnership for Justice (AIPJ) is a five year program funded by Australian Aid with a current closing date of December 2015.
The strategic focus of AIPJ is on realizing the rights of all Indonesians, in particular poor women, vulnerable children and people with disabilities. Building on the successes of previous Australian law and justice programs, AIPJ focuses on the following rights:
> Legal identity (birth, marriage and divorce certificates) as one precondition to realising basic economic and social rights, such as education and health care;
> The right to fair proceedings which are independent and impartial, fast, consistent, affordable, and accessible; and
> The right to legal information.
AIPJ approaches realizing rights by working in partnership with key government institutions (the supply side) as well as civil society and local communities (the demand side), and the intersection between the two. It does so through seven operational programs: legal identity, court reform, legal aid, legal information, and anti-corruption, civil society strengthening and disability inclusion. These programs operate at both the national level, where decisions are made, and the sub-national level, where lessons from the field can inform national level decision making. Visit www.aipj.or.id for more information about AIPJ.
AIPJ is AIPJ is seeking a skilled professional to join our team as Activity Coordinator
The Activity Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative, logistical and coordination functions to their assigned AIPJ program teams, under the supervision of the Office Manager and Deputy Team Leader. The Activity Coordinator will also liaise with the AIPJ operations team members (contracts, administration and finance) and team members located in the AIPJ Provincial Offices.
The Activity Coordinator will:
· Provide direct administrative support to AIPJ program areas including but not limited to – Court reform, Anti-Corruption, Legal Identity, Legal Aid, Juvenile Justice and Disabilities;
· Support preparation and implementation of AIPJ program activities and events including organising activity related budgets, procurement/contracting, logistics/transport and accommodation bookings.
· Support the maintenance of relationships with relevant partners particularly on matters relating to contracting and reporting.
· Assist with tracking activity timelines and budget information for their relevant program area
· Assist AIPJ partners to understand and comply with relevant DFAT Australian aid safeguards and anti-fraud requirements
· Compiling information for DFAT Australian aid reporting requirements (e.g. Monthly updates)
· Other duties as directed.
The Activity Coordinators will require:
· Experience in coordinating aid activities, projects and events
· Developing activity budgets and maintaining financial information
· Pro-active and a self-starter
· Strong negotiation, coordination and communication skills
· Demonstrated capacity to work and take direction as part of a team
· Experience in reporting on activities, funds acquittal and monitoring
· Good written and verbal communication skills in Bahasa Indonesian and English
· A working knowledge of Australian aid-DFAT would be an advantage
How to apply for this position
· Response against each of the duties and desirable selection criteria.
· Curriculum vitae/resume.
· Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees.
Applications that do not address all the requirements stated above will not be considered.
a) By email: email your application with the reference “AIPJ – Activity Coordinator” in the subject line to EmergingMarkets.Jakarta@cardno.com (most preferred option).
b) On-line application. Go to www.cardno.com/careers and search for this position. Click “Apply for this job” located at the end of the job description.
For further information about this position
Email: EmergingMarkets.Jakarta@cardno.com with the reference “AIPJ – Activity Coordinator” in the subject line.
5.00pm, 13 April 2015
Late applications will not be considered.