The British Council in Indonesia is recruiting for the post of :
Programme Officer - EU Share, one position, one year contract, located in Jakarta - Indonesia
Purpose of job:
Purpose of Programme Officer job is to provide supports in making sure successful delivery of the co-funded EU Support to Higher Education in ASEAN Region (EU SHARE).
S/he will provide project management supports, and coordinate internal and external resources. In doing so s/he adheres to British Council’s standards for project, contract and financial and client management.
Context and environment: (e.g. dept description, region description, organogram)
The British Council Indonesia operation comprises 2 offices based in Jakarta and Medan, which jointly employ over 100 staffs. Our work is structured into 3 main strategic business units: Arts, Education & Society and English.
Indonesia is a high priority country for BC, for UK government stakeholders and for many other external partners and potential partners, including the EU, other multilateral agencies and global foundations. The British Council has a long history of delivering development contracts in Indonesia on behalf of international organisations such as the EU, ADB, World Bank and many others.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
Programme Officer is accountable for successful delivery of the co-funded EU SHARE programme.
S/he is responsible for managing the delivery of EU SHARE project, delivering the project outputs to the satisfaction of the client (i.e. the EU) and British Council.
· Delivery of EU SHARE project
· Coordinating the collation of data/evidence of M&E
· Finance Management: contribute in the analysis of financial information, and in the budget forecasting and reporting
· Contribution to the Implementation of the Project Communications Strategy
· Manage information created and received in compliance with the British Council’s information management standards, policies, the UK data protection principles and local legislation.
KEY INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
· Team Leader
· Programme Manager
· Education and Society Team
· Account Management (UK)
· Contract Management (UK)
· BC’s Business Supports and Services Team (BSS, Finance, HR)
· Client (EU Delegation) & Beneficiaries (ASEAN)
· The Partners
· Technical consultants
· External suppliers/vendors
Other Important Features Or Requirements Of The Job
· The job may require some occasional business trips nationally and internationally –particularly within ASEAN region. It will also involve occasional weekend and evening work. Such requirements will be managed and compensated within British Council HR’s regulations.
Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be short-listed for interview
Closing date for receipt of applications is by 23:59 UK time on Sunday 15th March 2015. It is essential that candidates use the application form provided on our website. The British Council does not accept CVs in place of the completed application form and it is unable to respond to telephone enquiries.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.