Build Change (www.buildchange.org) is an award winning international non-profit social enterprise that designs earth-quake resistant houses and trains builders, homeowners, and engineers to build them. Build Change has been working in West Sumatra, Indonesia since January 2008, assisting homeowners to rebuild safe houses after 2007 and 2009 earthquakes. Build Change has the following positions open in Padang Office.
Program and Management Responsibilities
- Oversee construction of earthquake-resistant, culturally appropriate houses
- Supervise and Mentor Technical Apprentices
- Work with teachers and school group in developing changes to construction practice
- Work directly with homeowners providing hands on technical assistance, training, and design inputs.
- Willing to travel to all area West Sumatera and other Build Change work area
- Women candidates are encouraged to apply
- S1/D3 degree in civil engineering or related field
- At least 3 years experience managing and supervising construction of masonry, reinforced concrete and timber buildings
- Knowledge of principles of earthquake resistant construction
- Demonstrated experience managing construction staff, builders, and contractors and ability resolve problems with contractors
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and development ethics
- Familiarity with use of AutoCAD drafting software
- Familiarity with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Good in written and spoken English or desire to learn
Please send your CV and latest photo with position applied on the email subject to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, soon as possible. This position Open until filled (Only short-listed candidates will be notified).