The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ has been working in Indonesia since 1975 on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The Sustainable Economic Development through Technical and Vocational Education and Training Program (SED-TVET) is a joint effort of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (implemented by GIZ), the Ministry of Culture and Elementary and Secondary Education, the Ministry of Manpower, the Ministry of Industry and Bappenas. It aims at improving the employability of manpower in selected regions of Indonesia. Activities touch on a wide range of issues covering 4 intervention areas: 1) “Training Institutes Excellence” to support 23 selected TVET institutes; 2) “Innovation for private sector cooperation” to facilitate measures to enhance the participation of the business sector in TVET development and delivery; 3) “Regulatory Improvement” to support the implementation and monitoring of local regulations to improve the management of TVET on local level; 4) “Quality assurance and certification” to advise on scaling up of the use of vocational qualifications in the tourism sectors and related guidelines as well as to support the development and piloting of an accreditation system for training providers in the tourism sector.
SED-TVET is seeking 1 (one) qualified JUNIOR ADVISOR focusing on the intervention area “Improvement of the capacities of TVET institutes” and “Innovation for private sector cooperation”. The position is based at Polytechnic AKA Bogor with working relations also to SMAK Bogor and SMKN1 Cibinong.
- ResponsibilitiesThe junior advisor provides support for:
- senior advisor and the development advisor (EH) in carrying out project activities
- the Principal Advisor of SED-TVET and other experts of the project “SED-TVET” for whom he performs technical tasks
- coordinating project activities with the counterparts, especially on local level (TVET institutes, also local government representatives)
- Network development with local businesses and associations
- carrying out specific research tasks which are required for planning the implementation of projects
- carrying out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the project as requested by the senior advisor
- carrying out all activities related to the local subsidy in coordination with the development advisor
The junior advisor performs the following tasks:
- Professional advisory services
The junior advisor helps the development advisor to perform his/her tasks to:
- Evaluate experience from Polytechnic AKA Bogor, Bogor und SMK-SMAK SMKN1 Cibinong in cooperating with the private sector / industry (Best Practices and Lessons Learned); including the identification of the various mechanisms of cooperation with the private sector (apprenticeships, scholarships, employment contracts between industry and vocational training institutions, etc.)
- Develop cooperation between the three TVET Institutes Polytechnic AKA Bogor, SMK-SMAK Bogor and SMKN1 Cibinong on the topic of private sector cooperation
- Develop cooperation with the private sector; including the identification of possible joint activities as well as collaboration with private sector training institutions
- develop a network with the private sector and also with German companies
- Scaling-Up and outreach: Preparing Best Practices and Lessons Learned
The junior advisor:
- supports the senior advisor, the development advisor and SED-TVET in coordinating and monitoring activities with Polytechnic AKA Bogor, SMAK Bogor and SMKN1 Cibinong
- assists with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities.
- supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results
- supports Polytechnic AKA Bogor, SMAK Bogor and SMKN1 Cibinong and the development advisor on the fulfilment of the administrative, financial and content-related activities regarding the local subsidy (according to GIZ-O&R)
The junior advisor:
- assists in drawing up reports and translations
- assists in communicating, updating and collecting information on relevant data as requested by the senior advisor / SED-TVET
- supports the senior advisor and the development advisor to organise and update program documentation and presentation
The junior advisor:
- is familiar with GIZ planning, implementation and reporting procedures and their changes as well as acquires knowledge on GIZ procurement regulation and administrative procedures
- is familiar with the SED TVET programme and its fields of activities as well as other GIZ-assisted measures, concepts and status of implementation and knows the corresponding experts and staff
- represents the interest of the GIZ-assisted measure and always acts on its behalf
- carries out important tasks for the SED-TVET programme, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description
The junior advisor
- assists other experts, if necessary as translator
- performs additional duties and tasks at the request of the Senior Advisor, the development advisor or SED-TVET-management
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- university degree in either English language,(vocational) pedagogy or a polytechnic degree in engineering
- working experience in a medium or large size enterprise with reporting duties.
- Working experience in the field of facilitation and organisation of workshop based learning
Other knowledge, additional competences
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Access or other database programme)
- good interpersonal skills, communicative skills
- fluency in Bahasa Indonesia, very good knowledge of English, optional a knowledge of German
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures will be agreed with management
Interested candidates shall submit comprehensive resume to email@example.com before 11 March 2015; Please put : JA-BOG as your email subject.