Vacancy: Student Counsellor (Promotion Officer)
Neso Indonesia is part of a worldwide network of Netherlands Education Support Offices that operate in locations of strategic importance for Dutch higher education. Nuffic Neso Indonesia is an overseas office of EP-Nuffic, the Netherlands expertise and service centre for internationalisation in education.
The key activities of Neso Indonesia are:
· Study in Holland promotion and student counselling for Indonesian students
· Providing information on study programmes and internship places for Dutch students in Indonesia
· Institutional cooperation
· Market information and analysis
· Holland Alumni network
· Management of scholarship programmes (StuNed, Orang Tulip)
· Coordination of higher education related projects
Neso Indonesia is currently recruiting a Student Counsellor, based in Jakarta, to provide generic information on Study in Holland to Indonesian prospective students and other stakeholders. The activities will include personal counselling, presentations, fair coordination and other marketing related duties.
· Provide information/counselling to prospective students and other stakeholders (e.g. parents/lecturers) about the various possibilities for studying in Holland (in person, via phone, social media and e-mail)
· Manage and coordinate the counselling schedule of all colleagues at Neso Indonesia
· Maintain the database of prospective students and make sure it is of high quality and up to date.
· Arrange school or university visits/presentations in designated cities throughout Indonesia
· Participate in education fairs which organised by schools/universities or other third parties
· Co-organize Dutch Placement Days, EHEF, pre-departure briefing
· Assist Dutch HEIs activities in Indonesia relate to info sessions or intake session
· Provide general assistance in institutional cooperation activities for both Dutch HEIs and Indonesian HEIs
· Work closely with the Education Promotion Officer and develop/implement annual promotion plans together.
· Other duties might include: press contacts, Orange Tulip Scholarship
· Establish and maintain a good relationship with Government bodies, particularly Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education and other parties (e.g. the Indonesian press)
· Provide general information about Indonesia’s higher education system to head quarter and Dutch HEIs.
· Minimal Bachelor’s degree (S1) in Marketing, Communications or related field
· Degree preferably obtained in the Netherlands
· Minimum of 2-3 years working experience in a relevant position
· Knowledge and experience of higher education in Indonesia on the one hand and in the Netherlands on the other hand is preferred
· Excellent networking, communication and organization skills
· English language skills (including in writing) on a professional level
· Thorough knowledge of MS office applications
· Able to work in a team and independently
Please send your applications (including CV and cover letter) via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘Counsellor’ as the subject of your email. The deadline for applications is March 9th 2015. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please visit: www.nesoindonesia.or.id