PROGRAM OFFICER & HEAD OF OFFICE
HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
The role will work with our team on the Wonder Women Indonesia program, making clean energy technologies available in remote communities through a network of Tech Agents. Tech Agents are local women entrepreneurs who sell life-changing technologies, such as water filters, cookstoves and solar lights, within their communities, earning a margin from each sale.
The Program Officer and Head of Office will lead the team in Bojonegoro and provide a range of services to support and guide Tech Agents through various stages of development, so that they become more effective in managing their businesses and expanding the distribution of clean energy technologies.
- Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian.
- At least 5 years prior work experience on women’s empowerment programs, business development or community development.
- Prior experience in distribution of clean energy technologies preferred.
- Experience in organising and delivering training.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Impact focused.
- Strong teamwork and motivational skills and ability to build rapport with women micro-entrepreneurs.
- A can-do and collaborative mind set – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving work environment.
- Excellent management and organisational skills.
- High energy levels.
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values and reaching underserved communities.
- Willingness to travel.
- Lead the implementation of the Ibu Inspirasi/Wonder Women Indonesia program activities in Bojonegoro to achieve the target indicators set in the program design document and workplan.
- Lead and supervise the program staff on the day-to-day management of project and operational activities in East Java including financial transactions.
- Maintain a positive and effective working environment.
- Work with the team to recruit Tech Agents and provide creative ideas and support for Tech Agents to boost their technology sales and increase their income. The support will include the development of creative marketing materials, promotional events and reward system and introduction of new and highly demanded technologies.
- Deliver training on products knowledge, book keeping, public speaking and self confidence, marketing strategy and business motivation as well as other necessary training for Tech Agents.
- Manage the repayment collection from the local partners and Tech Agents.
- Assist in preparation of donor reports and communication materials including blogs, good quality photos and videos for Kopernik communication purposes.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the donor, local partners, Tech Agents, local governments, community leaders, community members, media and other stakeholders.
- Together with the Kopernik team conduct baseline and follow up surveys, interviews, project design and other Monitoring and Evaluation activities.
- Develop Tech Agent model and provide update on best practices and lessons learn from the field.
- Provide training on Tech Agent model and continuously share knowledge with Kopernik staff on best practices and lessons learned from the field.
- Provide weekly update, regular reports including updating database, materials for blog posts and reports of the project including good qualities photos and videos.
- Undertake other tasks required by Kopernik management staff.
HOW TO APPLY :
Please send your CV, cover letter and one minute video explaining why you're perfect for the job via our online application form -http://kopernik.info/page/careers
Applicants who are interviewed successfully could be expected to complete a test which demonstrates the necessary skills.
Bojonegoro, East Java
APPLICATION DEADLINE :
Sunday, March 22, 2015
Jobs at Kopernik HQ and in field offices across Indonesia are open to Indonesian national only, unless otherwise specified.