Position: Information and Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Project: CEGAH Project, Indonesia
MSI is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 30-year history of helping to deliver development results across the developing world. In 2008, we became the America’s operation of the international development arm of Coffey International Limited. Since that time, we have greatly expanded our ability to respond seamlessly and flexibly to client needs with our sister offices in the UK and Australia. We operate in some of the most challenging and political and economic climates in the world, including Pakistan, Afghanistan, South Sudan and Iraq. MSI currently employs 800 development experts in the fields of public sector management, monitoring and evaluation, governance and anti-corruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of this five-year project is to work in partnership with the Government of Indonesia to build effective systems to prevent corruption. It will engage a variety of partners, including the Judiciary, various executive and independent agencies, civil society, and the media. This is a full-time position.
**Please note: Only citizens of the Republic of Indonesia are eligible for this position.**
The Information/M&E Manager reports to the Chief of Party (COP) and provides periodic feedback on measureable achievements towards targets of the CEGAH Project. In the event of project slippage regarding these targets, this Manager will offer early warning that will trigger rethinking and adjustment of the project plan.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
· Provide support to update the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) and performance indicators at least 2 months before the start of every project year;
· Write draft quarterly M&E reports for review by the COP and MSI Technical Director;
· Ensure that M&E reports are sent to MSI Project Manager two weeks before the submission deadline for editing, branding and marketing;
· Ensure that M&E reports are produced on time and in a technically valid, high-quality manner;
· Conduct the production of requested analyses of the data responding to requests from the MSI and USAID Mission in Indonesia;
· Provide training to project staff on the PMP, the performance indicators, and how to collect the needed data;
· Ensure that the project’s technical staff collect the required data for all performance indicators;
· Support technical teams in working with partner organizations and grantees, helping them to collect and organize data on performance indicators;
· Ensure that Grant and subcontract PMPs are in line with CEGAH’s overall PMPs and contribute the necessary data;
· Ensure that the reporting data is collected in a technically correct manner and accurately reflect field realities and meet quality standards;
· Organize and maintain effective and consistent data flow, system management, initial quality control, and production of initial basic analyses (trends, graphs, anomalous results, etc.).
· Produce the quarterly results tables;
· Suggest additional useful analyses and carry out research or supervise short-term TA as assigned.
· Manage the project’s M&E system ensuring the accurate documentation and reporting of project results
· Build strong working relationships with the USAID mission, Government of Indonesia and civil society partners;
· Oversee the M&E database ensuring data is entered accurately and is available for reports;
· Conduct data verification exercises including data review and site visits (which may require travel throughout Indonesia);
· Manage the repository of tools, guidelines and reference documents for M&E and other materials.
· Prepare at least 2 success stories per month on basis of field visits or milestone accomplishments.
· Participate in the creation of quarterly reports, take the lead in preparing by-component reports and be the contact person in case beneficiaries request specialized reporting systems, including but not exclusive to M&E;
· Produce Quarterly Newsletter
· Produce public outreach materials for every component of the project and update on regular basis.
· Oversee the implementation of the branding and marking plan at project and with grantees.
· Act as the focal point and review board for draft products.
· Advise staff and partners on acceptability of products and branding rules.
· Very good knowledge of USAID M&E, Communications, and reporting requirements with at least 3 years experience managing M&E systems for USAID programs;
· University graduate in communications, project management, business, or equivalent;
· Excellent oral and written English;
· Ability to strictly adhere to deadlines;
· Good writing ability, especially success stories;
· Experience with Governance programs or good understanding of Indonesia’s governance situation a plus;
Deadline for applying for this position: August 20, 2015
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, MSI Worldwide