Open Recruitment - Creative Communities II Finance Assistant for Jakarta office
Funded by PNPM Support Facility
Kelola is a national non-profit organization established in 1999 to enhance and promote the vitality of Indonesian arts. It works directly with Indonesian arts practitioners, across nationwide communities, in response to the needs by providing access to learning opportunities, funding, and information. Kelola also promotes cultural exchange by facilitating artists and art practitioners to engage in dialogue, gain and share skills and knowledge, as well as to build networks within Indonesia and with the international cultural communities.
Creative Communities II (KK-II) Program is a follow up of the Creative Communities I (KK-I), which was implemented from 2008 to 2010 in 29 districts in West Sumatra, Central Java and East Nusa Tenggara. This program was launched as part of The National Program for Community Empowerment (PNPM Mandiri) to strengthen the process of community empowerment. KK-I has demonstrated that using a cultural approach is an effective way to increase citizen participation and help PNPM to interact more closely with poor and marginalized citizens.
KK-II will extend the reach of Creative Communities. It aims to increase Community participation and include more marginalized groups in community decision-making. KK-II will use cultural and creative expressions to develop an empowerment process facilitated through collaborations between cultural communities and marginalized groups, and by encouraging local cultural groups and activists to support and empower local communities.
Currently Kelola has an immediate need for qualified and experienced Finance Assistant to join our program ‘Creative Communities II’ in Jakarta office, with the following requirements:
• Minimum diploma degree of Accounting with good interpersonal skill;
• Minimum 1 year working experience in the same position;
• Knowledge of Indonesian taxation;
• Well conversant of Microsoft Office Application program (Excel Spreadsheet and Word)
• Have experience with Accurate Accounting System is more preferred;
• Able to meet tight deadlines;
• Able to work independently and in a team as well;
II. General Objectives
The Finance Assistant will assist Finance Officer to prepare financial reporting of the project. Under the direction of Finance Officer and Finance Specialist, the Finance Assistant is responsible to do banking transactions, coding the expenses according to each program category and ensure that the transactions have been properly recorded. He / She is also responsible to do initial checking of sub-grantee’s financial report and make sure that their reporting deadline is being achieved.
III. Specific Task and Responsibilities
Assisting the finance team to make sure that financial report of the project can be delivered on time. The Finance Assistant duties include and are not limited to the:
• Prepare vouchers and all supporting documents needed to execute any banking transactions;
• Process the payment after approved by the authorized signer;
• Input payment to accounting system according to each project code in properly manner;
• Prepare the Tax Form Payment (SSP);
• Assist the Finance Officer to verify sub-grantee’s report and ensure that all supporting documents are valid for payment;
• Assist the Finance Officer to check cash advance and it’s realization;
• Completion of monthly transactions and bank reconciliation;
• Provide financial support at a time of any activities incurred as necessary;
In order to apply, please submit:
1. Cover letter, including motivation for applying
2. CV Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Application must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com, stating your name and the position you’re applying for in the subject line, no later than Friday, 10 October 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more details and information please check www.kelola.or.id