Employment Opportunity – MAMPU Indonesia, RESEARCH AND INNOVATION MANAGER
The Empowering Indonesian Women for Poverty Reduction Program or Maju Perempuan Indonesia untuk Penanggulangan Kemiskinan (MAMPU) Program is funded by the Government of Australia through the Australian Aid Program in the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The MAMPU Program supports networks and inclusive coalitions of women’s and gender-interested organizations, and parliamentarians (the MAMPU partners) to influence government policies, regulations and services, and in selected private sector arenas. Ultimately, this work aims to improve the access of poor women in Indonesia to critical services and programs.
The MAMPU program focuses on five thematic areas:
- Improving women’s access to government social protection programs;
- Increasing women’s access to jobs and removing workplace discrimination;
- Improving conditions for women’s overseas labor migration;
- Strengthening women’s leadership for better maternal and reproductive health;
- Strengthening women’s leadership to reduce violence against women.
The MAMPU Program is managed by Cowater International. A team of technical and operational staff from Cowater International is based in the MAMPU office in Jakarta and works closely with MAMPU partners, DFAT, and the program’s key counterpart in the Government of Indonesia – BAPPENAS (State Ministry for National Development Planning).
Key principles of the MAMPU Program include generating evidence to strengthen policy influencing work of women and gender interested organizations as well as catalyzing change through experiments and social innovation to make a positive difference to poor women’s lives. To meet this need, MAMPU is establishing a Research and Innovation team that will be responsible for managing research activities and innovation work in the Program.
MAMPU Program is currently seeking the following position:
Position : Research and Innovation Manager
Location : Jakarta
Report to : Team Leader
Duration : Mid October 2014 – June 2016
Under the overall direction of the MAMPU Team Leader, the Research and Innovation Manager is part of the MAMPU senior management that will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and managing MAMPU’s research agenda and innovation strategy, including through regular consultations with MAMPU partners, DFAT, BAPPENAS, and other relevant stakeholders
- Overseeing and ensuring timely and quality implementation of MAMPU’s research and innovation work
- Establishing strategic partnership with relevant partners on research and innovation
- Setting up a research strategy and quality assurance framework
- Facilitating iterative reflection and learning with innovation partners
- Establishing strategies to embed innovation in the work of MAMPU and its partners, including a MAMPU Innovation Fellowship whereby selected individuals from Partner organisations attend an immersive 3-month placement with an organisation specializing in creative problem solving techniques and identifying ‘innovators’ from outside the traditional development sector who could be placed in partner organisations to provide a new perspective and fresh approaches to solving issues.
- Overseeing and contributing to efforts to ensure results of research and innovation work under MAMPU are communicated and shared to relevant stakeholders to maximize the possibility of uptake
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant area such as anthropology, development studies, or sociology;
- At least 7 years of experience in managing research or social innovation;
- Applied knowledge and practical experience in working with civil society organisations;
- Well-developed interpersonal and liaison skills;
- Practical experience working on gender-related activities is an asset;
- Experience developing the capacity of civil society organizations considered an asset;
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is essential;
- Experience in Indonesia is essential.
Interested candidates and particularly women are invited to send their application with:
a) Cover Letter
b) Detailed Curriculum Vitae
c) Three referees (preferably former direct supervisors)
Applications including a cover letter and current CV should be sent in confidence to email@example.com by 24 October 2014 noting "Research and Innovation Manager" in the subject line. While all applications will be read, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.