Employment Opportunity – MAMPU Indonesia, SENIOR CONTRACTS AND PROCUREMENT OFFICER
The Empowering Indonesian Women for Poverty Reduction Program or Maju Perempuan Indonesia untuk Penanggulangan Kemiskinan (MAMPU) Program is funded by the Government of Australia through the Australian Aid Program in the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The MAMPU Program supports networks and inclusive coalitions of women’s and gender-interested organizations, and parliamentarians (the MAMPU partners) to influence government policies, regulations and services, and in selected private sector arenas. Ultimately, this work aims to improve the access of poor women in Indonesia to critical services and programs.
The MAMPU program focuses on five thematic areas:
- Improving women’s access to government social protection programs;
- Increasing women’s access to jobs and removing workplace discrimination;
- Improving conditions for women’s overseas labor migration;
- Strengthening women’s leadership for better maternal and reproductive health;
- Strengthening women’s leadership to reduce violence against women.
The MAMPU Program is managed by Cowater International. A team of technical and operational staff from Cowater International is based in the MAMPU office in Jakarta and works closely with MAMPU partners, DFAT, and the program’s key counterpart in the Government of Indonesia – BAPPENAS (State Ministry for National Development Planning).
One of the aims of the MAMPU Program is to catalyze change through experiments and social innovation to make a positive difference to poor women’s lives. In order to achieve this aim, MAMPU recently started an Innovation Fund that supports nine (9) partners that were selected through a competitive process to undertake a one-year experiment on a problem they have identified. Other than funding, MAMPU also provides technical support to partners by engaging social innovation experts that will work closely with MAMPU and the partners throughout their grant. MAMPU also aims to further embed innovation in other elements of the program and have started engaging with a Jakarta-based innovation organization to develop a strategy to achieve this.
The MAMPU Program is currently seeking the following position:
Position : Senior Contracts and Procurement Officer
Location : Jakarta
Report to : Finance and Operations Director
Duration : 1 year with possibility of extension
Click on the following link below to see more details( Link to see the Terms of Reference )
Interested candidates and particularly women are invited to send their application with:
a) Cover Letter
b) Detailed Curriculum Vitae
c) A maximum three-page document that answers the following questions:
1) Please explain and provide example why you consider you have / demonstrate experience in working with civil society organizations or creative networks in Indonesia
2) Please explain and provide example on your knowledge and experience on social innovation
3) Please explain and provide example why you consider you have / demonstrate experience in social development or gender-related work
d) Three referees (preferably former direct supervisors)