MONITORING AND EVALUATION ASSISTANT - EAST AND WEST NUSA TENGGARA
Hard-working, motivated, multilingual talent with a passion for social impact?
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting edge organisation that's tackling technology distribution challenges in Indonesia. Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (East and West Nusa Tenggara) to work with our team on measuring impact of our women's empowerment programs on Kopernik's Tech Agents and Tech Kiosks. Tech Agents are local women entrepreneurs that sell life-changing technologies, such as water filters, cookstoves and solar lights within their communities, earning a margin from each sale. Tech Kiosks are existing small shops (warung) that also sell Kopernik technologies. Many of the locations where Tech Kiosks and Tech Agents work are remote with little or no access to telecommunications or internet. Kopernik provides technologies on consignment to Tech Agents and Tech Kiosks and provides a suite of training and support to help them succeed.
Committed to understanding the impact of of Kopernik's work and building a solid evidence base of its programs, M&E Officer will be working with the M&E team based in Ubud headquarters to conduct impact assessments on Kopernik's Tech Agents and Tech Kiosks as well as the the users of Kopernik technologies. You will also be responsible to process the data you collect by cleaning, validating and inserting them into the Tech Agent/ Tech Kiosks database.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia, with knowledge of local languages and cultures of East and/ or West Nusa Tenggara a strong plus
- Professional proficiency in English
- Positive attitude, hard working, reliable, motivated, and passionate about social impact
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience. Prior experience working with rural communities and conducting interviews preferred.
- Ability to perform at a high level under limited supervision
- Proficient in using web-based applications, MS. Word, MS. Excel
- Willingness to work and travel in rural villages
- Can ride a motorcycle and car on off-road conditions and possesses valid driver license (SIM C and SIM A)
- November 1st start date preferred
- Work with the Kopernik's M&E team to conduct interviews with Tech Agents/ Tech Kiosks and technology users
- Become familiar and use various ICT-based tools, such as digital data collection applications, SMS communication platforms and remote sensors -- for examples of such tools, please refer to Kopernik's ITT catalog.
- Maintaining Tech Agent/ Tech Kiosk database storing performance indicator data
- Perform data cleaning and validation for further analyses and reporting
- Facilitate M&E training for field-based staff
- Engage in other forms of impact assessments and operational research as assigned by the M&E team
- Facilitate partner visits to project sites
- Other duties as required
How to apply :
Please submit your CV and cover letter via our online application form http://kopernik.info/job-enquiry
Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara with frequent travel
Application deadline :
Friday, October 24, 2014. We need this position to start as immediately as possible, so we may start contacting you for an interview once we receive your application.