Open Recruitment - Creative Communities II Administrative Assistant for Jakarta office – Short Term
Funded by PNPM Support Facility
Kelola is a national non-profit organization established in 1999 to enhance and promote the vitality of Indonesian arts. It works directly with Indonesian arts practitioners, across nationwide communities, in response to the needs by providing access to learning opportunities, funding, and information. Kelola also promotes cultural exchange by facilitating artists and art practitioners to engage in dialogue, gain and share skills and knowledge, as well as to build networks within Indonesia and with the international cultural communities.
Creative Communities II (KK-II) Program is a follow up of the Creative Communities I (KK-I), which was implemented from 2008 to 2010 in 29 districts in West Sumatra, Central Java and East Nusa Tenggara. This program was launched as part of The National Program for Community Empowerment (PNPM Mandiri) to strengthen the process of community empowerment. KK-I has demonstrated that using a cultural approach is an effective way to increase citizen participation and help PNPM to interact more closely with poor and marginalized citizens.
KK-II will extend the reach of Creative Communities. It aims to increase Community participation and include more marginalized groups in community decision-making. KK-II will use cultural and creative expressions to develop an empowerment process facilitated through collaborations between cultural communities and marginalized groups, and by encouraging local cultural groups and activists to support and empower local communities.
Currently Kelola has an immediate need for qualified and experienced Administrative Assistant to join our program ‘Creative Communities II’ in Jakarta office for five months, with the following requirements:
• Minimum diploma degree of business administration, accounting or finance, and/or any other relevant field of studies;
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working as administration staff;
• Interested in Arts;
• Proficient in operating Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Able to handle travel, accommodation, and meeting arrangement;
• Having experience in dealing with bills and paying vendors;
• Able to meet tight deadlines with limited staff support;
• Able to work professionally, responsibly, with accountability, and able to communicate well;
• Able to work independently without intensive supervision; and
II. General Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will play role to support the Administrative & Finance Officer of Yayasan Kelola in Jakarta and the Cultural Specialist team in Yogyakarta on the administrative, finance, and logistical tasks during the implementation and documentation of the Creative Empowerment Processes and other activities related to the implementation of CC II.
III. Specific Task and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant duties include and are not limited to the following:
• Assist Administrative Officer to support the activities of Creative Communities;
• Assist in the procurement of goods;
• Organize files, documents archived, correspondence and phone calls;
• Maintain database, office equipment and inventory list of Jakarta & Yogyakarta office;
• Prepare the logistic and meeting or project activities inside and outside Jakarta;
• Prepare travel arrangement (flight, lodging) for all staffs to visit project site;
• Prepare submission of payment request to vendor based on invoice/billing and purchase order;
• Prepare submission of cash advance request for staff travel and collecting the outstanding in coordination with finance officer;
• Verify report for staff travel and report received from sub-grantees; and
• Other administrative support and ad-hoc duties assigned by Admin/Finance.
This position will commence from November 1, 2014 – 31 March 2015.
In order to apply, please submit:
1. Cover letter, including motivation for applying
2. CV Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Application must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your name and the position you’re applying for in the subject line, no later than Monday, 27 October 2014 COB. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more details and information please check www.kelola.or.id