World Food Programme, Indonesia invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position: Field Monitor Assistant
Contract Type: Service Contract/SSA
Duty Station: TTS, NTT Province
Within delegated authority, the Field Monitor Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
· Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the assistance program at the local level, in close collaboration with the implementing partners and/or the government;
· Monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as food purchase by the community and or food delivery by WFP, the storage, transport, process and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts purchased/received have been properly recorded. Also check the quality of the commodity and report if damaged or suspected to be damaged;
· Supervise the efficient distribution and management of food and non-food items at the site and provide feedback to Senior Programme Assistance and others on the distribution;
· Assist in the conduct of regular meetings of local government officials, village leaders, and implementing partners on the commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, cooking process, entitlements and other relevant issues;
· Assist in the implementation of the plan of action, review achievement and constraints and provide feedback accordingly;
· Compile the information and submit monthly report to the Senior Programme Assistance
· Collect qualitative information and stories from the field to be used for communication purpose
· Support in the elaboration of communication material, by taking pictures and making short videos
· Assist the WFP Officer and implementing partners in encouraging women’s access to economic skills development and sensitizing public opinion on gender issues and gender focused activities;
· Report periodically to the Senior Programme Assistance on relevant events regarding food management, distribution and other related issues;
· Identify any apparent issues in the program and report them to the appropriate personnel;
· Supervise and train other personnel as appropriate;
· Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experiences:
Education: Secondary school education, supplemented with experience or additional education in education, social services, nutrition, agriculture or other related field.
Experience: At least three years of progressively responsible support experience including at least two years in the field of accounting, statistics, humanitarian operations, or another related field.
Knowledge: Experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages. Knowledge of local language is a plus point.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to: Human Resources Unit, World Food Programme, Jakarta. E-mail: Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org
All applications should include an updated CV (in English), a photograph and three references and should be received no later than 20 October 2014. Please state the title of the post in the email subject.