The Indonesia Urban Water Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH) project is a sixty-month program (2011 – 2016) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented under the leadership of DAI. IUWASH works with government, the private sector, NGOs, community groups and other stakeholders to improve access to safe water supply and sanitation in Indonesia’s urban areas. The overall goal of IUWASH is to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in making significant progress in achieving its safe water and sanitation Millennium Development Goal (MDG) targets by expanding access to these services.
To achieve the above, assistance provided by the project is divided under three main technical components, including:
- Mobilizing demand for WatSan service delivery;
- Improving and expanding capacity for WatSan service delivery; and
- Strengthening policy and the financial enabling environment for improved water supply and sanitation service delivery.
IUWASH will apply different approaches and interventions with its local partners, such as local Water utilities, local and national government institutions, NGOs and communities to address water, sanitation and hygiene. To achieve these objectives IUWASH need high caliber incumbent to fill the positions of
Project Accountant based in Jakarta, Code: (PA-JKT)
The Project Accountant will manage all transactions incurred throughout this expansive region. S/he will audit all vouchers for reasonableness, allowability and allowcability, and further ensure that all backup documentation is complete. The accountant will record all transactions in the field accounting system in a timely manner and assist the Finance Officer in overseeing the regional financial transactions. In addition, the accountant will assist in overall IUWASH tax payment, and serve as a backstop for the Finance Officer as required.
The tasks for Project accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the processing of all cash transactions and wire transfer payments.
- Ensure that project vendors are paid in time.
- Review and Audit Petty Cash on a weekly basis.
- Review the invoice or payment request for accuracy and compare to the original invoice, purchase order, or other supporting documents as applicable. If expense is a regular monthly expense, review balance against previous invoice.
- Audit vouchers to ensure that no procurement is paid for without having gone through the appropriate competition, negotiation and approval process as outlined in the Project Manuals.
- Ensure all vouchers have requisite backup documentation and approvals.
- Ensure that proper approval signature is obtained for all parties.
- Check that all billable expenses are allocable, allowable, fair, and reasonable, as defined in Project Manuals.
- If any of the submitted expenses are non-billable, either because they are permanently non-billable or will be recorded as non-billable until cleared (e.g. advances), record them in the non-billable account after obtaining any necessary approvals.
- Work with Administrative Officer and Operations Manager on VAT exemption, as necessary.
- Enter all transaction into the accounting system; identify the proper account codes and expenditure type for each transaction. Check entries for accuracy.
- Prepare Vouchers using DAI standard voucher template.
- Process correction payments.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation for Jakarta Office
- Work with the requisite staff to approve travel advance amount based on travel advance policy.
- Complete Advance Receipt in the Receipt Book with all necessary information.
- Calculate travel advance and distribute travel advance.
· Bachelor degree in Accounting with at least 3 years’ experience in applicable field.
· Hands on knowledge of all taxes matters specially article 21, 23 and tax final; and know-how of BPJS withholding processes.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel a must.
· Good communication skills both in English and Bahasa Indonesia, written and verbal.
· Some Experience with USAID programs/projects highly desirable.
APPLICATION SENDInterested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_recruitment@dai.com by latest 2 weeks of the advertisement. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.