Job Title : Accountant Officer
Location : East Jakarta
Division : Program
Date : A.S.A.P.
BACKGROUND TO THE ROLE
KARINA (Caritas Indonesia) is the humanitarian arm of the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia based in Central Jakarta and officially considered as a member of the Caritas Internationalist confederation. Karina is established in 2006 with focus on disaster management issue which is translate into 4 programs, namely DRR, Diocesan Accompaniment, Partnership for Resiliency, and Capacity Building for Emergency Response. KARINA (Caritas Indonesia) acts as an animator, coordinating and facilitating body for all the 37 Dioceses incorporated under the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia.
The Finance Unit is one of the 3 (three) Units in Support Division. The other unit are HR and Administration.
DETAILS OF ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(describe under each of the following sub-titles as needed)
The Accountant Officer will be responsible for supporting Support Manager in the monthly Consolidated Institutional Financial Report, Assist in Institutional Audit and the reconciliations of projects reports and banks, ensure KARINA (Caritas Indonesia) compliance with Indonesian Accounting and Taxation regulations and ensure compliance with Donors regulations. Ensure timely delivery of periodic financial reports to Support Manager.
The contract will be one year with the possibility for extension
· Data Entry & General Journal for Karina transaction and all project transaction to Accounting software
· Prepare and Maintenance Income from Bank Interest.
· Prepare and Maintenance Income from Gain/Loss in Exchange Rate
· Together with Finance Officer will prepare the accrue expenses
· Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
· Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
· Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
· Prepare monthly account reconciliations
· Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
· Assist with financial and tax audits
· Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
· Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
· Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions
· Establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
· Assist in reviewing and implementing the accounting software’s.
· Assist in Institutional Audit Process.
· Assist in reconciliation of KARINA project reports, with cash, banks, payable, accruals and income – expenditures.
· Travel to KARINA’s project sites.
1. Deus Caritas Est., especially second part, about organized charity action.
2. Knowledge of Catholic Church Structure and working mechanism
3. Based on KARINA and CI guiding values and principles.
4. Working in a team, internally with program staffs ad working team from other institution.
5. Good planning and good implementation.
6. Participatory and communicative.
7. Efficient, accurate and supportive.
8. No corruption, accountable and responsible.
9. Transparent (have to appropriate with what had been spent and had been accepted, also show supportive evidence).
10. Write Back to Office Report (to be circulated internally by Communication Officer) after attending meetings/conferences/workshops/trainings/events/site visits to project location with project partners and/or donors.
· Able to perform good quality work in a capable, efficient and appropriate manner,
· Responsible with god work attitudes: honest, conscientious, hardworking, committed and trustworthy.
· Able to work independently under tight deadlines,
· Graduate from D3/S1/S2 economic (Accounting)
· At least 3 year experience in Accounting/Finance
· At least 3 years experience working with local partners
· Have strong experience to use Accounting software, familiar in SAGE 50 software more advantage.
· Able to work in tide schedule
· Experience in working within consortiums highly desirable
· Experience in organizational development highly desirable
· Skills in advisory support to partners, whilst managing partner accompaniment of projects project
· Excellent communication and documentation skills
· Strong analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically and the ability to
· Sensitivity to gender issues.
· Computer proficiency in general office software applications and finance software
· Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia: written and oral.
Application, CV and contact details for 3 references should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com at the 18 October 2014