About our organization
The World Agroforestry Centre (also known as the International Centre for Research in Agroforestry or ICRAF) is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org
About the position
Provide oversight and coordination of the Treasury Function and cash flow for the Indonesia office and the other SEA country offices. This position Perform banking related work and maintain petty cash. Monitor and ensure adequate fund balances for the various Office bank accounts, including monitoring the Imprest funds and cash balances. Monitors the monthly vendor payment schedule for Bogor Office and ensure that ICRAF Indonesia office payables and Travel Advance are paid on time.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following tasks:
1. To carry out on time regular payments (bank disbursements) for all procurements of goods and services – max within 5 working days:
· To verify payment request, and supporting documents following ICRAF’s and Donor’s (as required) policies and procedures for procurement of goods and services, and contracts
· To verify individual contracts for temporary staff and consultant
· To prepare disbursement transaction in SUN system (proper classification of account and budget/project coding)
· To acknowledge every payment to payees (vendor, staff)
2. To maintain adequate level of cash flows for monthly operation including compute monthly PIR fund (from POWB for Indonesia and its updates) and fund request to HQ
3. Petty cash management including reconcile petty cash account, manage medical claim advance, driver advance, secretary advance.
4. Cost allocation and charge back – e.g. Office allocation and transport allocation
5. Responsible to good Finance filling – well finance filling for easy track.
6. To improve efficiency of financial operation (e.g. improve financial policies and procedures)
For a detailed Job Description please visit http://worldagroforestry.org/about_us/careers
§ Registered Accountant with minimum education Bachelor degree (S-1) in Accounting.
§ Minimum of 5 (five) years of relevant Accounting experience is required at the national or international level, preferably in not-for-profit organization, in accounting supervisory position and grant management.
§ Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in using SUN systems is desirable.
§ Experience in project management.
§ Good project management and organizational skills
§ Good financial accounting skills
§ Good written and verbal English proficiency
§ Good analytical skills
§ Good contract interpretation skills
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This is a national position and will be for an initial period of one (1) year, renewable subject to 3 (three) months probation period, assessment of performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of resources.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations
- Detail curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.
All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Unit, World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) Southeast Asia Regional Office via email: email@example.com and should indicate “Application for Treasury” on their application letters and email submissions.
Applications will be considered until November 7, 2014 or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.