FIELD OFFICER EAST INDONESIA
HARD-WORKING, MOTIVATED, MULTILINGUAL TALENT WITH A PASSION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT? APPLY HERE.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting edge organisation that's tackling technology distribution challenges in Indonesia. Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Field Officer (East Indonesia) to work with our team on the Tech Agent and Tech Kiosk technology distribution network. Tech Agents are local women entrepreneurs that sell life-changing technologies, such as water filters, cookstoves and solar lights within their communities, earning a margin from each sale. Tech Kiosks are existing small shops (warung) that also sell Kopernik technologies. Many of the locations where Tech Kiosks and Tech Agents work are remote with little or no access to telecommunications or internet. Kopernik provides technologies on consignment to Tech Agents and Tech Kiosks and provides a suite of training and support to help them succeed.
As Field Officer you will work with the Tech Agent and Tech Kiosk teams to develop and implement systems, training materials and programs necessary to help the Tech Agents and Tech Kiosks succeed.
- Fluency in Indonesian (knowledge of relevant local language a bonus).
- English language skills.
- Positive attitude, hard working, reliable, motivated, and passionate about social impact.
- At least 3 years work experience. Prior experience working with rural communities essential.
- Experience working on microfinance program preferred.
- Ability to perform to a high level under limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fully computer literate.
- Willingness to live, work and travel in rural villages.
- Can ride a motorcycle in off-road conditions and possesses valid driver license (SIM C).
- Work with the Kopernik team to expand the Tech Agent/ Tech Kiosk program in Eastern Indonesia.
- Identify, recruit and manage Tech Agents/ Tech Kiosks.
- Collect cash for consignment sales and ensure prompt banking.
- Inventory management at warehouse level including invoicing, goods receipt, reconciliation etc.
- Ensure Tech Agent and Tech Kiosk compliance reporting is complete, accurate and on-time to Head Office.
- Ensure Tech Agents and Tech Kiosks maintain target repayment and inventory levels month to month.
- Implement marketing and promotional efforts as advised by Kopernik to support Tech Agent and Tech Kiosk sales goals.
- Work with Tech Agents and Tech Kiosks to solve day to day problems.
- Conduct technology fairs to introduce new life-changing technologies to communities.
- Facilitate training for local partners and Tech Agents/Tech Kiosks on entrepreneurship skills, product knowledge, inventory management, finance, and marketing.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with local governments, local partners, community leaders, community members, media and other stakeholders
- Other duties as required.
HOW TO APPLY :
East Indonesia (NTT, NTB)
APPLICATION DEADLINE :
Friday, October 17, 2014