BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (CONSULTANT)
Hard-working, motivated, multilingual talent with a passion for social impact?
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting edge organisation that's tackling technology distribution challenges in Indonesia. Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.THE POSITION
The role will work with our team on the Wonder Women Eastern Indonesia program, making clean energy technologies available in remote communities through a network of Tech Agents and Tech Kiosks. Tech Agents are local women entrepreneurs who sell life-changing technologies, such as water filters, cookstoves and solar lights, within their communities, earning a margin from each sale. Tech Kiosks are existing small shops (warung) which sell these simple technologies alongside everyday goods, also earning a margin from each technology sale. Kopernik supplies technologies on consignment to these micro-entrepreneurs and provides a suite of training and support to help them succeed. Many Tech Kiosks and Tech Agents are based in remote areas with little or no access to telecommunications or internet.
The Business Development Specialist will provide a range of services to support and guide Tech Agents and Tech Kiosks through various stages of development, so that they become more effective in managing their businesses and expanding the distribution of clean energy technologies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a recruitment plan for women micro-entrepreneurs (Tech Agents and Tech Kiosks).
- Conduct due diligence on micro-entrepreneurs and assess suitability to join the program.
- Conduct needs assessments of each micro-entrepreneur and develop mentoring action plans based on these.
- Develop business plans with each micro-entrepreneur.
- Mentor (provide sound and appropriate advice to) micro-entrepreneurs and advise them on areas for improvement, such as financial management, record keeping, marketing, and how to increase sales.
- Work alongside the program team to refine and deliver business development training to micro-entrepreneurs - training will be group based as well as one-on-one as needed.
- Monitor the progress of each micro-entrepreneur, identify further training and business development needs and provide additional support as required
- Develop and agree on sales and growth targets with each micro-entrepreneur.
- Work with the program team to collect, analyse and report data on sales and targets.
- Actively identify new markets and potential new customers for micro-entrepreneurs and assist them to pursue these opportunities.
- Develop marketing strategies for micro-entrepreneurs.
- Facilitate market development activities and events to raise consumer awareness of the range of products sold by the micro-entrepreneurs.
- Degree in a relevant discipline such as economics or business management.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian.
- Ability to speak the language of business, with a strong background in finance, business planning and marketing.
- Direct work experience with small businesses in Indonesia with a focus on marketing and distribution.
- Prior experience in marketing or distribution of clean energy technologies preferred.
- Experience in organising and delivering business and sales trainings and other promotional activities.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Advanced computer skills with fluency in Excel.
- Impact and data focused.
- Strong teamwork and motivational skills and ability to build rapport with small business owners.
- A can-do and collaborative mind set – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving work environment.
- Excellent management and organisational skills.
- High energy levels.
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values and reaching underserved communities.
- Willingness to travel, a lot
HOW TO APPLY :
Please submit your CV and cover letter via our online application form http://kopernik.info/job-enquiry
Ubud, Bali with extensive travel in Eastern Indonesia
As soon as possible
Two months initially, with likelihood of extension
APPLICATION DEADLINE:Friday, October 24, 2014.