INTERVENTION COORDINATOR (up to 15 positions)
The Australia Indonesia Partnership for Promoting Rural Income through Support for Markets in Agriculture (AIP-PRISMA) is an ambitious new rural development program which aims to contribute to a 30%, or more, increase in net incomes for 1,000,000 poor rural female and male farmers, 300,000 of which will be reached by June 2017.
As an Intervention Coordinator, you will report to a Sector Coordinator or Business Enabling Environment (BEE) Coordinator and be responsible for up to three interventions in one or more commodity value chains. For this, together with your Sector or BEE Coordinator, you will analyse the values chains assigned to your Sector or BEE Coordinator; identify constraints and develop innovations (technical and other solutions) to overcome the constraints; develop business models for these innovations; and collaborate with agribusinesses, other enterprises or government to introduce these innovations in the market. For these partners, you will be the key point of contact and become a valuable business consultant.
To be able to do this, you should meet several of the following criteria:
· at least graduate level qualifications in economics, business administration, marketing or similar discipline;
· understanding of and interest in how markets work;
· a strong analytical mind and a flair for numbers;
· ability and experience of developing business plans;
· willingness to learn from mistakes and ability to think ‘out-of-the-box’;
· strong interpersonal skills to be able to work with partners; and
· fluency in in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
· Proven work experience is of great advantage and willingness to travel frequently a must. Direct experience in development is not required.
Download Standard CV at http://goo.gl/arNvpk
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the position title in the subject line by Friday 7th of November 2014 at the latest. AIP PRISMA is headquartered in Surabaya, East Java and work in 5 provinces in Indonesia: East Java, East Nusa Tenggara, West Nusa Tenggara, Papua and West Papua.
Due to the high number of responses, we will only be contacting candidates who are progressing to the next stage. This is a local/national position.