The Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations.
Women rights have been guaranteed by the Indonesian Constitution, through ratification of the international Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women as well as other laws such as the law against domestic violence. In addition, a Presidential Decree in 2000 made gender mainstreaming mandatory in all government policies and programs. Following the issuing of Presidential Decree, gender equality is also considered as one aspect in the vision of Indonesia’s Government Long Term Planning 2005 – 2025. Furthermore, gender mainstreaming is one of the three mainstreaming principles in National Medium Term Planning 2010 - 2014. Therefore, various efforts have been made to ensure women’s rights and gender equality as integrated parts of governments’ policies and programs at all levels.
Despite this, Indonesia is facing significant challenges from ensuring equal rights for men and women. The country’s extraordinary sociocultural diversity is a particular barrier to promoting equal rights. Indonesia’s patriarchal system of values ascribes a traditional role to women and men, and the rigidity of gender roles within the country’s 250-plus ethnic groups varies widely.
The diversity of national laws and interpretations of religious principles along with the role of custom and practice make it difficult to enforce women’s rights. Moreover, national marriage legislation which is partly influenced by interpretations of religious principles are contradictory to the principle of equality in rights an dignity. Discrimination, including the use of violence, often remains hidden because women are frequently unaware of their rights. GIZ-Strengthening Women’s Rights (SWR) is looking for 1 (one) qualified :
Administrative Project Assistant
Duty station : Jakarta
- Responsibilities :
- Office administration and organisation support
- ensuring that tasks are carried out smoothly within the assigned area of responsibility
- organizing and coordinating all work stages
- performing all daily duties in the assigned area of responsibility
- liaising with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the country office
- maintaining a helpful attitude to customers, ensuring that the office creates a professional impression
- communicating efficiently with offices with which regular contact is maintained
- Support for (official) travel :
- procures tickets for domestic and international travel
- Reserves hotels, rental cars etc.
- evaluates hotel prices and negotiates better room or meeting package rates
- organises and coordinates logistical aspects for planning, holding and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other events
- arranges programmes for visitors/short term consultants, makes travel arrangements such as booking tickets, flights, hotel reservations, transport etc.;
- Note minutes of event (process and result);
- organises and files documents in reference folders or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- note minutes on internal meetings;
- prepare and check the publications or documents available at library and/or filing system;
- deputy of Office Manager including for bank handling
- answers and accepts phone calls and messages and/or forwards them
- welcomes visitors in a friendly manner and serves them with beverages
- interprets and translates as required;
- arrange appointment for discussion and/or meeting with partners and other related stakeholders;
- assists in hand-over of asset;
- photocopies and scans documents as needed
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- secondary education and certificate in event management or similar area and/or
- BA in business administration or economics
Professional experience :
- at least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences :
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- outstanding management skills
- outstanding communication skills
- confidential handling of information on staff and finances
- very good knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German
D. Contract Period
- Contract period of the Administrative Project Assistant from 15.12.2014 – 30.04.2015, to support smooth administration of end of project.
Interested candidate please submit your comprehensive resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by at the latest 01.12.2014. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.