Helen Keller International (HKI) – Indonesia
Program: Drive Program
Responsible to: Program Coordinator
I. Deskripsi Program
Helen Keller International/Indonesia (HKI) is a non-profit organization that works in health promotion and education. Since 1975, HKI has been working with the Government of Indonesia, serving more than 50 million people in Indonesia in the fight against malnutrition, poverty and the impact and consequences of blindness.
Since 2009, HKI in collaboration with Jakarta Provincial Department of Education, Jakarta Provincial Department of Health and Standard Chartered Bank to develop Refractive Error Program (RE) for junior high school in the province of Jakarta. Through this program, HKI provide eye examination and distribution of free spectacles to students and teachers. The purpose of this activity is to improve performance and quality of life of students / teachers.
Since 2009, the RE program has successfully reached more than 120,000 students and 8,000 teachers from 200 schools in Jakarta.
II. Position Description
Located assignment in Jakarta, as Refractionist Officer, will responsible for the refraction examination for students and teachers in schools and train UKS teachers about visual acuity screening. Refractionist Officer will report to the RE Program Coordinator and collaboration with other RE teams in.
III. Essential Job Functions
9. To support Program Coordinator and Program Manager and willing to perform task that gave in the area of job description.
10. To perform other task that gave by Program Coordinator and Program Manager in order to reach the program purpose
11. To follow up on referred children
12. Conduct surveys of assessments as and when required for monitoring purposes
IV. Qualifications and Experience
· Diploma III Refraksionist Optisien (RO)
· Have a working experience in optic or eye clinic at least 1 year
· Strong communication and interaction with children and adult
· Excellent oral and written Bahasa Indonesia
· Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with external contacts as well as internal colleagues;
Please email a cover letter and CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref.: “HKI DRIVE Refractionist Officer” Application deadline: 21 November 2014
Jl. Bungur Dalam 23 A-B Kemang
Jakarta Selatan - 12730
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview