Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering societies to responsibly and sustainable care for nature for the good of humanity. We are constantly growing and expanding into areas new and old. With each step, we need more and more hands. Apply your passion, skills, and talents to helping us protect the most important places around the world. We are currently looking to fill the following position for our office in Pakpak Bharat:
Field Forestry Project Officer
· Collects important information such as forest cover, livelihood information and household income, agricultural practices, crops productivity, wildlife, etc. for the baseline data of the project. Data collection will include primary and secondary data (qualitative and quantitative).
· Supports the manager in analyzing this information and in producing the project reports.
· Understands the crucial role of community and government in the project particularly in developing community conservation agreement such as involvement in preparing participatory mapping, forest monitoring and patrolling, etc.
· Encourages active participation of these stakeholders such as in meeting and discussion, collaborative project monitoring, etc.
· Communicates and engages them in each activity for the success of the project
· Responsible for the implementation of community conservation agreement activity
· Engages community and government in all phases of conservation agreement activity
· Involve in other forest related activities such as agroforestry, honeybees raising, etc.
· Responsible in facilitating meetings, and workshops
· Participate in developing monitoring and evaluation tools and guidelines
· Responsible in the collection of data for monitoring purposes
· Deliver a monthly report to the project manager
· Take part in producing the project reports. The participation may include provision of additional data or information and contributes to some parts of the reports.
· A degree or equivalent experience in agriculture, forestry, geography or related fields, with 3-5 years of relevant experiences in conservation projects.
· Experience with community conservation agreement
· Experience in effectively working with government, NGO, and private sectors.
· Demonstrate strong facilitation and communication skills.
· Commitment to conserving biodiversity and implementing sustainable agriculture initiatives.
· Working experience and good knowledge of local contexts (Pakpak Bharat, Karo and Dairi Regencies)
· Strong interest in environmental issues and eagerness to expand knowledge.
· GIS and computer skills
· The preferred candidate will be self-motivated, and be able to meet project
· Willingness to travel and stay in the region.
· Knowledge on restoration of degraded areas, forestry, agroforestry, silvopastoral systems and payment for ecosystem service programs
Apply your passion, skills, and talents to helping us protect the most important places around the world.
Please send your current resume and cover letter (no more than 4 pages) to: email@example.com.
Indicate the position title “ Field Forestry Project Officer “ in the email subject line.
Closing date for the application is 24 November 2014
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified).
For more information about CI, please visit our web: