SILE/LLD Project – Accounting Manager
The Project Supporting Islamic Leadership in Indonesia [(SILE/Local Leadership for Development (LLD)], is co-funded by the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) and the Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs (MORA). The Canadian component is implemented by the Canadian Consulting firm, Cowater International. Its purpose is to build the capacity of selected State Islamic Universities (UIN) and also of the Ministry of Religious Affairs to effectively integrate democratic governance practices into their strategies, programs and budgets to support university-based community engagement.
The Project is presently looking for a full-time Accounting Manager who will report to the Canadian Team Leader and work in the Jakarta Project office.
The key responsibilities will be:
· Maintain accounting systems, financial records and procurement procedures for the Project in Jakarta and provide guidance to support the effective and efficient financial systems in Makassar and Surabaya offices;
· Monitor all financial aspects of the project including petty cash, daily/monthly journals, and reporting to the Canadian Team Leader;
· Maintain payroll for all Indonesian staff and prepare the payment of salaries and benefits for staff
· Prepare annual and quarterly financial expense forecasts, plan and reconcile transfers and advance requests to project offices in Jakarta, Surabaya and Makassar;
· Process daily/monthly accounts for expenditures from project bank accounts and cash/bank and travel advance reconciliations;
· Review expenditures and develop budget control mechanisms to monitor Project performance to budget by results;
· Oversee financial support staff in Jakarta, Makassar and Surabaya offices and ensure their compliance with accounting, financial record keeping and procurement procedures;
· Oversee procurement of goods and services ensuring compliance with requirements spelled out in the prime contract and Office Procedures Manual, and applying “green purchasing” principles where possible; and
· Prepare for SILE/LLD financial annual audit.
· Minimum Sarjana (S1) in Accounting;
· At least 10 years of experience in Accounting;
· Very familiar with computer software such as QuickBooks and MS Office (Excel, Word);
· Experience working in the context of project;
· Strong Indonesian language communication and a very good command of
spoken and written English;
spoken and written English;
· Ability to work well with team from different background (Canadian, Indonesian of various fields) and at national and regional level (Makassar, Surabaya); and
· Capacity to supervise staff and to work independently.
Interested candidates should submit by e-mail to: email@example.com a letter of interest in English highlighting their relevant qualifications with the subject line: Accounting Manager and attach a CV in English.
The closing date for application is November 30 2014. Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. If after 4 weeks there is no communication with the applicant, it means that a candidate has been selected.