CWS Indonesia (www.cwsindonesia.or.id) is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York . CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
CWS is now looking to fill the following vacancy:
Position Title : Accountant (1 person)
Job Location : Jakarta
· Hold Bachelor degree in Economics majoring Accounting
- Hold high accountable principle
· Minimum 3 years for D-III and 2 years for S-1 relevant experience working in Accounting or Finance area in non-profit sector.
- Experience in preparing the financial statements/reports of non profit.
- Experience on operate ACCPAC software
- Have the ability in computer skills and various Microsoft Office applications, advance skill in Excel is must
- Good oral and written communication skills
· Able to work independently with minimum supervision and to handle multi tasking jobs
· Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload
· Ability to work in a cultural and gender-sensitive manner, respect diversity in its all forms, including religious minorities, socio-economic situation, sexual orientation and ethnicity, etc.
I. JOB SUMMARY: The Accountant is required to oversee CWS financial management in the office and program in Jakarta. The Accountant should also assist the Assistant Country Director Finance (ACDF), Program Manager for all types of reporting and communication concerning the programs and financial issues. The position also requires coordination/communication with CWS program staff as well as managerial, administration and documentation skills. Ability to be flexible in working as part of the team is essential.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
1. Financial Management of Office
· Oversee the financial office/ project account in coordination with Assistant Country Director Finance.
· Assist to coordinate with CWS Offices on expenditures and reimbursements.
· Provide financial overview for program of CWS Indonesia.
· Provide reporting and records as requested for funding/donors.
· Monitor all transactions and account.
· Provide the Assistant Country Director Finance and Program Manager with timely and accurate financial reports as requested.
2. Financial Management of Project Planning and Implementation
· Assist to provide financial guideline and procedure for CWS Indonesia.
· Assist to provide financial guideline and procedure for partner/project implementers.
· Oversee and monitor approval and dispersing funds.
· Oversee and monitor financial report for project.
· Assist the Program Manager in planning and implementation of project as requested.
3. Financial Office Procedures
· Ensure all procedure for every transaction is followed.
· Ensure all procedure for procurement is followed
4. Documentation and report writing
· Preparing various related presentation materials
· Prepare different finance reports and proposals
5. Communication and Coordination
· Communicate with external auditor, program consultant, etc.
· Communicate with different stakeholders in financial and accounting issues.
· Oversee contracts and make sure payments are made to them.
· Ensure proper and timely handling and communication between program, administration, and financial unit.
6. Communication, Coordination, and Internal Communication
· Communicate with different stakeholders in financial and accounting issues if requested by the Program Manager and Assistant Country Director Finance.
· Communicate and coordinate with Program Staff on financial issues of projects
· Communicate and coordinate with logistics on financial issues of logistics, such as payment to trucking companies and labors, also monitor the disbursement of all procurement.
· Communicate and coordinate with administration on financial issues of administration, such as payment to suppliers and vendor, insurance claims and medical claim.
· Communicate and coordinate with Internal/External Auditor.
· To do other tasks required by the Assistant Country Director Finance and Program Manager.
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation; a CV,
Including two references; expected gross salary and contact number, the latest on
Please send applications in MS Word format (maximum 200KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. position will remain open until filled.