The Indonesia Urban Water Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH) project is a sixty-month program (2011 – 2016) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented under the leadership of DAI. IUWASH works with government, the private sector, NGOs, community groups and other stakeholders to improve access to safe water supply and sanitation in Indonesia’s urban areas. The overall goal of IUWASH is to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in making significant progress in achieving its safe water and sanitation Millennium Development Goal (MDG) targets by expanding access to these services.
To achieve the above, assistance provided by the project is divided under three main technical components, including:
- Mobilizing demand for WatSan service delivery;
- Improving and expanding capacity for WatSan service delivery; and
- Strengthening policy and the financial enabling environment for improved water supply and sanitation service delivery.
IUWASH will apply different approaches and interventions with its local partners, such as local Water utilities, local and national government institutions, NGOs and communities to address water, sanitation and hygiene. To achieve these objectives IUWASH need high caliber incumbent to fill the positions of
Junior Project Accountant based in Jakarta, Code: (JPA-JKT)
Under the guidance and direction of the National Project Accountant, the Junior Project Accountant will manage all transactions incurred from the IUWASH Jakarta Office. S/he will audit all vouchers for reasonableness, allowability and allocability, and ensure backup documentation is complete. The Junior Project Accountant will record all transactions in the field accounting system in a timely manner and assist the National Project Accountant and Finance Officer in overseeing the regional financial transactions. In addition, the accountant will manage travel advances for project staff for the Finance Officer as required.
The tasks for Project accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the transfer of cash from the bank to the office.
- Ensure all invoices are stamped as “RECEIVED” with the date received. If a duplicate invoice is received, stamp it “DUPLICATE” or destroy it.
- Ensure that project vendors are paid in time.
- Handling and Reconcile Petty Cash on a weekly basis.
- Assist the project accountant in reviewing the invoice or payment request for accuracy and compare to the original invoice, purchase order, or other supporting documents as applicable. If expense is a regular monthly expense, review balance against previous invoice.
- Ensure all vouchers have requisite backup documentation and approvals.
- Ensure that proper approval signature is obtained for all parties.
- Assist the project accountant on reviewing the non-billable account
- Acting as an alternate project accountant in the absence of project accountant for entering all transaction into the accounting system; identify the proper account codes and expenditure type for each transaction. Check entries for accuracy.
- Assist the project accountant in preparing Vouchers using DAI standard voucher template and acting as an alternate project accountant in the absence of project accountant.
- Work with the requisite staff to approve travel advance amount based on travel advance policy.
- Complete Advance Receipt in the Receipt Book with all necessary information.
- Calculate travel advance and distribute travel advance.
- Assist the project accountant and Finance Officer in auditing regional office voucher payment on monthly basis.
- Scanning voucher payments on weekly basis
- Filing financial supporting document
- Support other tasks as assigned by the Project Accountant as required.
· Diploma or Bachelor degree in Accounting with at least 3 years’ experience in applicable field.
· Preferably having knowledge of all taxes matters especially article 21, 23 and final tax.
· Good computer skills in Microsoft Excel a must.
· Good communication skills both in English and Bahasa Indonesia, written and verbal.
· Some experience with USAID programs/projects highly desirable.
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_recruitment@dai.com by latest Nov 12, 2014. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.