CWS Indonesia (www.cwsindonesia.or.id) is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York . CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
CWS is currently implementing a Zero Hunger Project in Soe, West Timor to improve the nutritional status of children through family farming (gardening and animal raising) with environmental friendly agriculture practices; capacity building of health volunteers/cadres in health and nutrition caring practices for children and pregnant mothers as well as in hygiene and sanitation; and safe water resource management and construction.
CWS is now looking to fill the following vacancy:
Position Title : Program Officer
Job Location : SoE, Nusa Tenggara Timur
· Hold Bachelor degree (S1) in Social and Politics, Humanities, or other relevant field.
· Having the experiences in small-scale farming and livestock project, safe water and health & nutrition projects.
- Ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders (NGO networks, Government institutions, local partners, community).
· Able to work independently with minimum supervision and to handle multi tasking jobs.
· Able to work in a team and work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment.
· Ability to work in a cultural and gender-sensitive manner, respect diversity in its all forms, including religious minorities, socio-economic situation, sexual orientation and ethnicity, etc.
- Willing to work outside working hours if necessary.
- Willing to travel to the project sites frequently.
- Having the skill in writing, reporting, and documenting is essential.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is essential.
· Proactive and Responsible with an eye for details
· Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with INGO or International environment is beneficial.
- Possessing computer skills, including internet communication/ and various office applications (Microsoft Words, Excel, MS Access and Power Point).
· Ability to ride a motorcycle and has the riding license.
- Preferably living in SoE.
I. JOB SUMMARY: Program Officer (PO) is required to assist in supervision of Project in West Timor. PO should also assist the Program Manager for all types of reporting and communication concerning the project. The PO will also assist the Program Manager with other programs and projects of the organization as needed. The PO is also required to contribute research and write new project proposals. The position also requires coordination/communication with local counterparts and CWS program staff. It also requires managerial, administration and documentation skills. (S)he should oversee especially the logistical unit of the project. Travel for monitoring is required. An ability to be flexible in working with local counter parts and as part of a “team” is essential.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
1. Implementation of CWS project activities in West Timor.
· Identify CWS needs.
· Discuss with Program Manager and other program team concerning proposals and program implementation.
· Oversee the whole operational of Projects in West Timor .
· Visit different location/site prior and after selection of target location.
2. Provide technical assistance to CWS staff members to increase their knowledge and skills
· Assist in the strengthening of training modules.
· Hold presentations on different issues to keep program staff up to date on latest developments.
3. Identification of needs of project staff (what kind of technical support is needed?)
· Discuss with the respective Program Manager about identification of training needs of staff.
· Hold formal and informal discussion with all staff in any issues concerning the implementation of Projects.
· Share and get feedback from all staff.
· Facilitate training on programmatic and management related issues for staff.
4. Documentations and report writing
· Prepare and assist on different report and proposals.
· Collaborate with Program Manager in preparing different papers and presentations on implementation of the program.
· Provide information, data and reports timely as requested.
· Ensure that all program documentation and reports are prepared properly and timely.
· Make report of field visit.
5. Internal communication and coordination
· Communicate and coordinate with Program Manager on the programmatic issues.
· Communicate and coordinate with Administration staff on administration issues, such as coordinate vehicles when traveling and field visit schedule.
· Communicate and coordinate with HR Staff on HR issues and with Finance staff on financial issues.
· Do other task as requested by the Program Manager.
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation; a CV,
Including two references; expected gross salary and contact number, the latest on
20th November 20144 Please send applications in MS Word format (maximum 200KB) to email@example.com