Marine and Fisheries Strategic Data Analyst - Indonesia
Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Marine and Fisheries Strategic Data Analyst for the USAID-funded Indonesia Marine and Climate Support (IMACS) Project. The goal of the IMACS Project is to contribute to the sustainable management of Indonesia's marine and coastal ecosystems through support to the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF). For more information on the IMACS Project, please visit our website at www.imacsindonesia.com.
The IMACS Project is now in its fifth and final year, and is seeking a short-term, Marine and Fisheries Strategic Data Analyst to analyze strategic data produced. The overall objective of this The IMACS Marine and Fisheries Strategic Data Analyst is to access, to collect, to compile and to process the accurate required data from many technical units of MMAF, Statistic Center Agency (Badan Pusat Statistik/BPS), Indonesian Institute of Sciences (Lembaga Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia/LIPI), marine and fisheries business association, and other relevant institutions. The data will be analyzed for the long term projections, scenario, and strategic options development in developing the Marine and Fisheries (Capture Fisheries and Aquaculture) Development Plan for 2015-2025. In conducting the work, The IMACS Marine and Fisheries Strategic Data Analyst will work closely with the IMACS Fisheries Expert, the IMACS Marine Affair Specialist and report to Task 1 Leader, MMAF staffs and IMACS task team members, as required.
This position is based in Jakarta, beginning on/around May 11, 2015 through on/around August 28, 2015, working approximately five days per week on average.
The Marine and Fisheries Strategic Data Analyst will complete the following tasks associated with this assignment:
- Collect relevant strategic data on marine and fisheries for projections development, and for policy impact assessment.
- Analyze data which cover process of cleaning, transforming and conducting initial projection to be process further by Team as required.
- Compile the relevant strategic data on marine and fisheries to be developed as baseline for MMAF in developing further projections, and in assessing impact of the recently regulations of MMAF
- Be part of the IMACS Team, assisting MMAF & contribute as required.
- All other relevant duties as required.
- At least 7 - 10 years experiences in a capture fisheries and aquaculture data processing for evaluation.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Fisheries or Fisheries Statistic.
- Familiarity with capture fisheries and aquaculture data, and fisheries business process as mandatory.
- Familiarity with fisheries data center or unit in MMAF, BPS, and LIPI as mandatory.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Excellent technical skills and aptitude, especially MS Excel.
- Analytical mindset and great attention to detail
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to IMACSproject@gmail.com by May 15, 2015 with “Marine and Fisheries Strategic Data Analyst” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “Marine and Fisheries Strategic Data Analyst” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.