PRIORITAS is a five year USAID-funded project designed to improve access to quality education for children in Indonesia. USAID PRIORITAS is part of a cooperative agreement between the Governments of the United States of America and the Republic of Indonesia. The project is working closely with national and local partners to: Improve the quality and relevance of teaching and learning in schools ; Develop better management and governance in schools and districts ; Support better coordination within and between schools, teacher training institutions and government at all levels. USAID PRIORITAS is working across 60 partner districts in Aceh, North Sumatra, Banten, West Java, Central Java, East Java, South Sulawesiand Papua.
In 2014, PRIORITAS distributed books to 550 PRIORITAS partner schools and will distribute more packages of leveled reaing books to 10,000 non PRIORITAS partner schools starting 2015 until 2017.
The PRIORITAS is currently seeking qualified individuals with wide networking among local government and schools to fill the positions of the
This position will be based in Jakarta
The objectives of the assignment as follows:
The Program Manager for the Leveled Reading Book Program is a member of the PRIORITASNational Office, and she/he is responsible for managing the book distribution and teacher and school principal training program following agreed working plan and activities schedule, overseeing program implementation in the seven project provicnes, coordinating and working with other program staff and maintain good relationships with related stakeholders. This position reports to the Operations Manager and Deputy Chief of Party.
The Program Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and monitor the planning and implementation of the national leveled reading book program in USAID PRIORITAS non-partner schools in up to 90 districts in 7 provinces
- Coordinate and supervise the work of the technical coordinators and their staff in each of the seven project provinces
- Ensure the organization of provincial and district meetings to explain the leveled reading book program to district governments and MORA and help them to plan a strategy for the book distribution and training of schools
- Ensure that provincial staff work with local governments to select and train district facilitators to implement the school training program
- Ensure that project and government staff the plan the program and collect data on book distribution needs and pass this data on to the logistics officer
- Work with provincial staff to monitor and support timely book distribution and implementation of training and mentoring for recipient schools and identify and address any issues encountered
- Ensure all necessary documentation is prepared to support the implementation and reporting of the program
- Provide monthly progress reports to the operations manager and DCOP.
- Other relevant tasks assigned by ooperations manager and DCOP.
• Minimum 5 years in relevant position, preferably in USAID project
• Minimum S1 degree in related field
• Be computer literate and master the following software packages: Microsoft Word, and Excel and e-mail.
• Have good work ethic and strong desire to complete tasks in a timely manner as directed.
• Ability to effectively organize, prioritize work assignments, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to appreciate international diversity and to establish effective working relationships with international clients
• Commitment to basic principles of equity and to broader RTI ethical guidelines.
• Ability to write and speak fluently in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
To apply this position please send your CV not later than May 16, 2015 to:email@example.com
All candidates are requested to write down the position and name in subject line of email and specify their availability date in the CV. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.