Job Vacancy : Organizational Development Coordinator
Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung based in Hamburg, Germany, is a Foundation that designs and manages sustainable agricultural development projects worldwide. With over twenty years of experience, Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung contributes to improving the living conditions of smallholder coffee and cocoa farmers through a business approach to sustainable development.
Financed by private and public donors, Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung will start implementing 2 projects over a period of 5 years to promote sustainable smallholder robusta coffee production in South Sumatera Province (Oku Selatan). The project aims to provide farmer training on good agricultural practices, product quality and marketing, farmer organizational development, etc.
The project is looking for an Organizational Development Coordinator who will be based in South Sumatra Province, in charge of the following tasks:
- To map and assess the current structure of Kelompoktani and Gapoktan (e.g. governance, legal mandates, service provision to the members,…) and recommend a suitable legal structure to establish business oriented farmer organizations.
- To design Training of Trainer (ToT) and Farmer Field School (FFS) manuals and programs (content and implementation plans) on organizational development topics i.e. establishment of farmer organizations, their governance and management, business strategy, etc.
- To train field officers, extension officers and representatives of farmer groups and second tier organizations on Good Organizational and Management Practices.
- To support interested farmers/farmer groups to establish their own first and second tier organization.
- To participate in and moderate on a regular basis farmer group meetings in order to strengthen the farmer organizations in their daily operations.
- To liaise the farmer organization with reliable business partners (e.g. input suppliers, financial institutions, product off-takers,…) and facilitate negotiation between the farmer organization and those partners.
- To design and implement a farmer group saving and credit scheme.
- To be the main contact person for the farmer organization (FO) director board and assist where required.
- To report weekly to the Project Manager.
Duration of Assignment
Definite contract for 3 years with option for prolongation.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience in organizational development and community empowerment.
- Indonesian candidate with a university degree in Social, Agribussiness, Management or related subjects.
- Proficiency in standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and Project).
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written); concise reporting skills.
- Self initiative and communication skills; accustomed and willing to work under pressure.
- Willingness to live and work in remote, rural areas.
- Candidates from West Lampung or South Sumatra are preferred.
- Integrity and Accountability, Commitment, Thrive for Excellence and Respect
Please apply electronically including CV, motivation letter and salary expectation before 22.05.2015; only short listed candidates will be contacted
Contact: Mr. Nuzul Qudri
CC: Maria Ulfa