Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering societies to responsibly and sustainable care for nature for the good of humanity. We are constantly growing and expanding into areas new and old. With each step, we need more and more hands. Apply your passion, skills, and talents to helping us protect the most important places around the world. We are currently looking to fill the following position for our office inManokwari:
BHS Secretariat Policy Coordinator
This position will support the Birds Head Seascape Secretariat team and the broader BHS coalition to develop and implement provincial-level programs of work related to policy and finance aspects of the BHS marine management effort. S/he will also support coordination and integration of these aspects across all partner Regency governments, and where applicable with private and community sectors. Through a program of advocacy, analysis, networking and technical advice, the position will contribute to the development of key conservation and marine management governance policies, while furthering the development of the appropriate funding and financing mechanisms that are required to fund the initiative throughout and beyond the transition to management by local actors.
1. Supporting provincial BHS stakeholders in the development and implementation of relevant marine management, conservation and development policy - through advocacy, analysis and provision of technical/legal advice. Policy initiatives will include provincial conservation policy, development planning processes (including ‘Musrembang and RTRW’), MPA network and enforcement policies, and issues of policy integration between province and Kabupaten.
2. Establish and maintain related networks of stakeholders, and reference groups as necessary, including multi-stakeholder forum/s required to support a long-term finance mechanism for the BHS, and corporate engagement as directed by BHS partners.
3. Support field-based (Regency-level) BHS partners on their development of local finance and policy initiatives, in partnership with BHS local partners.
4. Support the transition of the BHS Secretariat according to agreed 'roadmap' process
5. Carry out any other duties or specific task as required by BHS team and regularly contribute to key BHS Secretariat networking events.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· Bachelors’s degree and/or at least 5 years working experience in the related field
· Knowledge and capable in conservation policy
· Experienced in partnership building, communication, and facilitation
· Strong in leadership and interpersonal skills and able to interact and engage with a range of diverse stakeholders
· Strong ability to work in a team
· Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Degree in conservation policy
· Experience in natural resource governance, preferably in Papua
· Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing)
· Demonstrated experience in public finance sector and/or financial management
Apply your passion, skills, and talents to helping us protect the most important places around the world.
Submit the application by 30 May 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CI, please visit our web: