TERMS OF REFERENCE
CTI-CFF Regional Secretariat
Consultancy as Finance Assistant
The Coral Triangle Initiative on Coral Reefs, Fisheries, and Food Security (CTI-CFF) is a multilateral partnership of six countries working together to sustain extraordinary marine and coastal resources by addressing crucial issues such as food security, climate change and marine biodiversity. There is broad scientific consensus that theCoral Triangle represents a global epicenter of marine life abundance and diversity. Spanning only 1.6% of the planet’s oceans, the Coral Triangle region is home to is home to the highest coral diversity in the world with 600 corals or 76% of the world’s known coral species. It contains the highest reef fish diversity on the planet with 2,500 or 37% of the world’s reef fish species concentrated in the area. It also a spawning and nursery ground for six species of threatened marine turtles, endangered fish and cetaceans such as tuna and blue whales. These unparalleled marine and coastal living resources provide significant benefits to the approximately 363 million people who reside in the Coral Triangle, as well as billions more outside the region. As a source of food, income and protection from severe weather events, the ongoing health of these ecosystems is critical.
The CTI-CFF Regional Secretariat is mandated to promote regional cooperation, sharing of lessons, and facilitate learning across the six Coral Triangle countries - Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea Philippines, Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste. The Regional Secretariat also coordinates and monitors the progress in achieving the CTI-CFF Regional Plan of Action goals. Its main activities cover the following areas: organizational development, outreach and communication, regional coordination and mechanisms, technical and thematic working groups, development of key regional reports, and capacity development. It also serves as the main liaison and for all CTI-CFF official functions such as the annual CTI-CFF Senior Officials Meetings and the bi-annual CTI-CFF Ministerial Meetings.
2. Job Mission
To provide assistance in providing efficient and accurate financial data, accounting and record
3. Job Illustration
· Prepares and maintain relevant books of accounts.
· Prepares monthly reconciliation of bank statements.
· Assists in planning for payment, income and expenditures.
· Sends out monthly ledger statement and general queries to the Executive Director and Coordinator
· Makes payment and ensures payment requests are accurate, properly supported and are in accordance with relevant financial schedule and procedures.
· Verifies financial transaction
· Maintains relevant hard and electronic records and files related to the finance function.
· Acknowledges bank account for receipts.
· Participates in the preparation of both monthly and other regular financial reports.
· Supports annual field audit preparation.
· Performs related duties as required.
· Assists Executive Director and Coordinator in keeping the receipts from travel expenses and other office-related expenses and preparing reports of those expenses.
4. Job Environment and Mobility Requirement
· The Finance Assistant will be based at the permanent Regional Secretariat office in Manado. However, while the permanent Regional Secretariat Office in Manado is being prepared to be ready for occupation, the Finance Assistant will temporarily be based at the Regional Secretariat Office at the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries in Jakarta for about 2 to 3 months.
· When the permanent Regional Secretariat office in Manado is ready for occupation, the Finance Assistant shall relocate from her/his temporary base in Jakarta to her/his permanent base in Manado until the completion of consultancy work as stipulated in the contract.
5. Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
· Knowledge and experience with accounting legal requirements, guidelines, fiscal responsibility.
· Knowledge about general ledger management and book keeping.
· Experience in operating financial operating system.
· Proven skills in preparing bank account reconciliation.
· Deadline-oriented person.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, including intermediate skill level in Excel.
· Excellent inter-personal skills, can work independently and with teams.
· Have high organizational skills.
· Responsibility and reporting standards.
· Good attention to detail.
· Bachelor´s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
· Thorough knowledge of financial management and public accounting.
· At least 5 years experience in similar field
7. Period of Performance and level of effort
· Start : Immediate
· End : 6 (six) months after contract signing
· Level of effort : 40 Hours per week
8. Consultant’s Allowance
Relocation, accommodation and transportation allowance will be provided
9. Submission of Application
· Application letter and updated CV should be sent to email@example.com
· Please fill the “subject” column of the emails in this format “<Finance Assistant>-
· Closing date for application is 19 May 2015