VECO-Indonesia (www.vecoindonesia.org), the regional branch of international NGO Vredeseilanden committed to the promotion of Sustainable Agriculture within the context of agricultural value chain development, is now recruiting an Indonesian National for the position of:
‘MCA Cocoa Project Coordinator’
Responsible for the coordination and implementation all of the project based on guidelines following the MCA standards. Based in VECO Field Antenna Ende, Flores, NTT Province
Specific Responsibilities :
1. Coordinate the implementation of the MCA Indonesia Cocoa project in NTT and South Sulawesi Provinces by VECO Indonesia.
2. Manage and supervise the MCA team members within VECO Indonesia.
3. Communicate and organize events with MCA (donor), Swiss Contact (Lead partner) and consortium partners on project issues and requirements.
4. Facilitate network building and dialogue between Cocoa Value Chain Stakeholders in Flores and South Sulawesi and with the Cocoa Sustainability Partnership (CSP)(national level).
5. Coordinate collaboration with local service providers, private sector partners and consultants and ensure this is well-organized and executed according to the project’s planning.
6. Prepare regular narrative reports and information required for the MCA project.
7. Coordinate activities with other staff of VECO Indonesia to achieve synergy and integration between the regular VECO programme and the MCA project.
8. Report and discuss project progress and planning with the Programme Manager and provide regular updates to the VECO pogramme team.
Key Competencies and qualifications:
• At least 5 years experience in agriculture development holding a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Economics or Environmental Sciences.
• At least 3 years experience in a management position and supervision of staff.
• Good experience in working with local service providers, private sector, donors and government.
• Good working experience with NGOs or in the Development Cooperation sector.
• Experience with Rural Development Programmes specifically on Sustainable Agriculture, Chain Development for agricultural products.
• Experience with the preparation of narrative reports and operational plans.
• Preferably, experience with capacity building of farmers and their organizations in Value Chain Development and Organization Strengthening.
• Preferably, strong cultural sensitivity and working experience specifically for Nusa Tengarra Timur Province.
• Willingness to travel frequently in the projects areas (NTT and South Sulawesi provinces)
• Good Communication and networking skills
• Good report writing skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English
• Good facilitation skills to assist partners & organize stakeholder platforms, meetings, workshops, etc.
• Good computer operation Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Good oral and writing skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English
• Knowledge of a local language in Flores is an asset
Send your CV to : VECO Indonesia, Jl. Kerta Dalem No. 7, Sidakarya, Denpasar 80224, Bali – Indonesia , Tel. 0361 727378, 7808264, Fax: 0361 723 217, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is on 20 May 2015.
Only shortlist candidate will be contacted.