Yayasan Fondasi Hidup is an independent non-governmental organization based in Medan, North Sumatera and has program operations in North Sumatera Province and Siberut Island, West Sumatera Province. FH has been working in Indonesia since 2005 and aims to alleviate all forms of poverty through holistic programming and approach.
We are looking for a dynamic and committed individual to fill up the position as :
Main purpose of roles :
Livelihood Officer will support Program Manager in areas of assessment, designing and implementation of livelihood program, the task will also include designing an a improved and sustainable household based food security. Livelihood Officer will guide and supervise the overall livelihood program implementation. The suscessful candidate is expected to extend and maintain contact with all livelihood related stakeholder. Under the guidance of the Program Manager, the Livelihood Officer shall work closely and mutually with Area Coordinators in regards to technical planning, implementation as well as monitoring of designed intervention programs.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Ensuring that projects are designed with technology package aimed at creating self-sufficiency, as well as enhancing the the supply of food combination balance for households/local communities;
2. Preparing logframe, work plan and budget of livelihood activities;
3. Supporting field staff for the timely implementation of activities at field level;
4. Conducting regular field visits to verify quality /progress of Livelihood Program interventions
5. Providing technical guidance and advice to community facilitators;
6. Formulating service plans and priorities in cooperation with other providers;
7. Ensuring that baseline data (survey) on existing livelihood systems and income generating activities is frequently updated for planning and monitoring activities;
8. Leading assessment in the operational area for livelihood interventions;
9. Engaging with individuals and community groups, such as residents' associations, parents' groups and young people;
10. Identifying local interests and needs and ways to meet them;
11. In coordination with government and other stakeholders, ensure livelihood/food security and livelihood asset development activities are well planned, coordinated and monitored;
12. Ensuring proper documentation of best practices /lesson learnt through monitoring and evaluation are captured, capitalized and incorporated into future proposal designs;
13. Handling timely and proper documentation: all progress challenges, best practices, stories and communication pieces;
14. Ensuring that technical leadership is provided in the development and implementation of livelihood activities, including income generation, market development, livestock and climate change adaptation as prioritized by communities and local authorities through technical best practices and targeted training;
15. Monthly, quarterly and annual program reports prepared as required and submitted to the Program Manager;
16. Perform other duties as required.
1. In-depth knowledge and methodology in livelihood issues;
2. Have knowledge in family finance management, cooperatives, micro enterprises
3. Excellent communication skills (written and oral);
4. Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff;
5. Have a good self management, focuses on result, work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude, good humored even under pressure
6. Ability to work independently and excellent team player
7. Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
8. Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
9. Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
10. University degree preferably in agriculture, manajemen or other related field
11. At least 5 years of experience in the design and implement livelihood program in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs / Government;
12. At least 2 years experience in organizing farmer/peasent and fisherman
13. Have experience in food security, holistic/integrated farming and home gardening
14. Most prefered having experience in saving group (cooperative development), food processing or relevant issue
15. Experience in develop curriculum, module and manual with various grade/groups and adult;
16. Experience in organize meetings/training/workshops/conferences and in deliver training & discussion;
17. High level of organizational ability
Please send your application, updated CV, recent photograph, salary expectation and three latest references (max300kb) to
no later than May 15th, 2015. Please put “title/position” as email subject (e.g “Livelihood Officer”), and please put your name after CV and/or cover letter title (e.g. CV-John. Johnson, Cover letter-John. Johnson).
No telephone calls please.