MARKETING AND SALES MANAGER (FOR NATIONALITY INDONESIA ONLY)
Location : Jayapura (70%), Sarmi (30%), Papua Indonesia
Application Deadline: 31-May-2015
Additional Category: Local Commodity in Production and Marketable Sustainability
Type of Contract : Contracted by Bappeda Sarmi
Expected Duration of Assignment: 7 months (extendable)
With focus on remote and disadvantaged regions, UNDP strengthens local governance capacities and improves socio-economic opportunities for the districts and their communities in identified vulnerable regions to increase vulnerable communities' skills to improve their livelihoods and have the ability to access financial services; and to work with the local government and private sectors in strengthening the local economic development initiatives. The target beneficiaries are mostly indigenous-agriculture communities and other local communities who have the potential to be engaged in micro, small and medium scale economic activities.
PCDP has put more emphasis on improving the economic welfare of communities, in particular indigenous Papuans. Output 3 of PCDP works in improving community welfare through sustainable livelihood in Papua and West Papua. It starts with pilots in 5 districts: Jayawijaya, Boven Digoel, Sarmi, FakFak and Manokwari.
One of the programme interventions is aimed to make an impact on the lives of the indigenous communities through livelihood training combined with strengthening the government's capacity by building a territory-based economic development institution or Local Economic Development Agencies (LEDA). By institutionalizing sustainable livelihoods for Papuan communities, the programme expects to facilitate income generation among the rural Papuans, and to create value added of any potential business or agriculture commodities produced in the pilot areas. At present, the PCDP has initiated the coconut based products in Sarmi, and other new local potential commodity, such as seafood.
Two months to the end of PCDP, UNDP collaborates with Local Government in Sarmi District to establish Local economic development agency in district level to strengthen the government team with more technical capacity on Local Economic Development and to ensure long term sustainability and also engage local government buy in. In additional, 2 mini factories in sub-district level has been established.
Marketing and Sales Manager Job Responsibilities:
Accomplishes business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans, implementing sales plans, managing staff.
Marketing and Sales Manager Job Duties:
· Accomplishes marketing and sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
· Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendation to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problem; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
· Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
· Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
· Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans
· Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor`s share, and competitor`s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
· Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
· Sustain rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
· Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
· Protect organization`s value by keeping information confidential.
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Provision of Regular Meeting with local governments, stakeholders, and UNDP-PCDP Team.
Marketing and Sales Manager Skills and Qualifications:
At least 2 years experience for Master or 5 years for Bachelor degree in economic, business administration, public administration or other relevant fields of study.
Solid experience in local economic development in providing and implementing marketing strategy, technical advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments, private sectors.
Solid experience on analytical work, programme/project development in the areas of agribusiness is a plus.
Having a vast network with the private sectors, CSOs, universities will be highly desirable.
Financial Planning and Strategy, Marketing Concepts, Positioning, People Management, Territory Management, Sales Planning, Competitive Analysis, Understanding the customer, Product Development, Client relationships, Creative Services.
Excellent advocacy skills
Excellent inter-personal and team building skills
Full time availability for project management duties is essential
Familiarity working with Government and Local Government
Up-to-date computer skills required
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages. Good knowledge about rules, procedures of Government in Papua Region will be highly desirable.