The Nature Conservancy is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people.
Currently we are searching for qualified candidates to fill the following position:
SENIOR CONSERVATION PLANNER
The Senior Conservation Planner serves as the principle contact to government agencies, private sector companies, civil society organizations, and community in spatial planning, conservation planning, and land use planning of sustainable oil palm development. S/he plays leading role in, including but not limited to, developing planning framework, tools and approaches, and analysis of spatial planning, conservation planning, and land use planning, including the use of TNC’s Development by Design framework for mitigation planning. The Senior Conservation Planner develops partnership and commitment of key stakeholders to create better planning of sustainable palm oil development. S/he negotiates complex and innovative solutions with the government agencies, private sector companies, and community in relation to development and implementation of spatial planning, conservation planning, and land use planning. The Senior Conservation Planner will also represent TNC in national and international policy and science dialogues on issues related to spatial analysis and mapping to support sustainable landscape programs, especially related to palm oil.
The Senior Conservation Planner will be based in Samarinda field office with frequent travel to other areas, such as Jakarta, Berau, and other fields. The Senior Conservation Planner reports to the Oil Palm Project Manager.
· BA/BS degree and 10 years’ experience in conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience with certain aspects of fundraising: identifying donor prospects and donor cultivation (if required).
· Experience directing a major program or project of strategic importance, including management/supervision of multi-disciplinary teams and meeting deadlines.
· Experience working with current trends and practices in relevant discipline(s) and geographic regions.
· Supervisory experience, including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives and manage performance.
· Politically savvy and experienced in partnership development (partners, community, government); extensive networking skills with high level conservation contacts.
· Negotiation skills.
· Experience influencing, developing and implementing conservation policy and plans at the state or country level.
· Experience with financial management of a large program.
Please send your CV & application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than May 25, 2015. Please insert Senior Conservation Planner in your email subject.