WRI Indonesia, as one of the first environmental-economic think tanks in the country, offers an opportunity to join with its team in financial and project/program management as a full-time Grants and Contracts Coordinator.
This person will monitors the financial management of the WRI Indonesia grants as well as contracts and sub-grants agreements for the purpose of ensuring compliance with funder guidelines and regulatory.
WRI Indonesia is associated with the World Resources Institute, a global environmental research organization. WRI‘s work spans more than 50 countries, with offices in China, India, Brazil, Europe, and the United States. WRI’s more than 450 experts and staff work closely with leaders to turn big ideas into action to sustain our natural resources—the foundation of economic opportunity and human well-being.
Launched in 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country, and strengthens our research on the ground
This position requires an assertive, detail-oriented, and highly organized individual to support the team as a Grants and Finance Coordinator.
The Grant and Finance Coordinator will work closely with the WRI Indonesia Project Manager and Operation & Coordination Associates and may regularly work with Grants and Contract Department of WRI Global Office, to ensure that WRI Indonesia is able to manage grants efficiently and transparently in compliance with funder regulations.
Part 3: Responsibilities
· Prepare and maintain sub-grant and contract agreements with partners and contractors including follow-up needs to complete agreements on time
· Assist the Project Manager in ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions of grants and contracts
· Assist the Project Manager and Operation & Coordination Associates with updating budgets quarterly and create budgets for upcoming proposals consistent with WRI’s requirements for budgeting costs
· Monitor life of grant reporting requirements and ensures that progress reports are submitted in a timely manner
· Prepare detailed financial reports to funders as needed and gather transaction receipts andensure each project complies with the funder’s financial reporting requirements.
· Assist the Project Manager and Operation & Coordination Associates to review on a monthly basis the transactions and finances of the projects
· Assist the Project Manager in tracking and evaluate contract deliverables to ensure that they are submitted within the period of performance and coordinate the submission of invoices
· Submit and track requests for payment in a timely manner and ensure that payments processed are consistent with WRI’s internal policies and grant requirements
· Work with partners to help them understand and meet sub-grant and contract requirements
· Monitor partners to ensure the timely and accurate submission of progress and financial reports
Finance & Accounting Operations
· Perform regular reconciliations of all WRI Indonesia bank accounts.
· Maintain the Fixed Asset Register & Depreciation Schedule
· Manage petty cash
· Assist Operations & Coordination Associates with preparation of project and annual institution audit.
· Assist Operations & Coordination Associates with various accounting projects.
Part 4: Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree Required
- At least 2-3 years previous work experience in financial management and administration, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- The position requires a detail-oriented, highly organized individual with experience and interest in program operations, grant compliance, financial management, and budgeting
- Must be adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and have the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Attention to deadlines, particularly with regard to grant compliance and monitoring sub-grantees and contractors
- Patience and perseverance in understanding and explaining issues to partners and contractors
- Strong process orientation with sensitivity to quality
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong writing, database management, and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to work well in a team
- Familiarity with database software and management (such as Raiser’s Edge, Concurs, Cognos, TM1, etc).
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
Starting Date: 1 June 2015
Part 5: How to Apply and more information about WRI
Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org/wri) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.
Established in 1982, WRI is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization respected globally by policymakers, non-governmental organizations, and corporate leaders.
WRI’s reputation is grounded in its excellent analysis, non-partisan approach, and high-impact results. We measure our success based on how our work helps to create real-world change on the ground—and approach we call “Managing for Results.”
WRI’s work is united by and driven by our values: Innovation, Integrity, Urgency, Independence, and Respect.
WRI fosters a culture of innovative ideas, working collaboratively, and thinking independently. WRI employees are driven by the organization’s mission and have the satisfaction of helping to create a more prosperous and healthy planet.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org.