SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
To support its operation, SNV is now seeking qualified candidates to fill Procurement Assistant position to be based in our Jakarta Office.
Purpose of the Job
The Procurement Assistant works under the supervision of the Procurement Officer and together with project and administrative staff ensures timely and compliant procurement of goods and services and tight management of contracts. Contracts need to be monitored and managed to ensure appropriate financial controls and reporting procedures are followed and donor requirements met.
1. Procurement of goods and services
· Conduct small to medium value of procurement of goods and services in line with SNV and donor policies and procedures;
2. Procurement tracking and documentation
· Liaise closely with project teams to predict and track procurement requirements ensuring responsive service provision; provide status reports to the Supervisor on an agreed basis
· Document and archive relevant procurement documents. All information should be in line with procurement policy and other requirements of donors.
· Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate
· Maintain supplier database; validate data as necessary and update the supplier database
· Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
3. Financial support
· Manage the petty cash levels in the office, ensure payments to the suppliers of the (country) secretariat and related to facilities, support in administration of PP days and the relevant ICT tool
· Submit payment request to finance for completed procurement of goods and services.
1. 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in Administration and Logistics function or similar.
2. Strong interpersonal skills
3. Ability to maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
4. Good negotiation and coordination skills.
5. Self-motivated and organized
6. Ability to work independently and with the team
7. Willingness to work a flexible schedule
8. Initiative and creative in solving problems
9. Good command of spoken and written English, fluent in Bahasa Indonesia
Duty station: Jakarta
Contract duration: 6-months contract with the possibility of extension.
Desired start date: As soon as possible.
How to apply?
Please send your application letter describing how you meet the candidate profile and CV, together with an indication of your current salary and compensation package with “Procurement Assistant” in the title to email@example.com by 01 June 2015.
For more information on SNV please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org